~12~

To say the least I wasn't suprised when I saw Sebastion. I knew he had asked Ashley what time she would be home for the game. I was confused a little bit though. why would she have invited me if she knew he was gonna be there. Was she gonna tell me they were dating or something? I felt a small pang in my chest just thinking about it but quickly just dismissed it as no big deal.

When Sebastion notticed he smiled and waved us over. He was wearing a hoodie like he always does in school, probably becuase we were in an ice rink, but thats besides the point. I honestly wasnt sure if he had noticed I was standing with Ashley or not cause he wasn't really paying any attention to me. Almost as if he were trying to ignore me. He didn't even know me that well so it wasn't like he had any reason to ignore me.

The game wasn't going to start for another 20 minutes. The two teams were on their seperate sides of the ice warming up. Ashleys brothers are all relatively close in age two of them being twins. Since this was 13U her two brothers who were twins were playing in this game while her other brother who was 15 was sitting in the stands with the rest of us.

I looked around the arena to see if I could spot another similar face. As if she had been watching me I looked across the rink to make eye contact with Lila. I couldn't tell if she had been watching me because I was sitting next to Ashley who was sitting next to Sebastion or if she was looking at Ashley but it looked like she was looking at me. I knew Lila would be at the game. She came to watch her little brother play who was also playing.

I turned back to face Ashley and asked if she wanted to just walk around the arena while we waited for the game to start. She nodded and poked Sebastion telling him "Come with us we are going to walk around the rink till game time. Plus we can get snacks from the concession stand."

Sebastion wordlessly got up from his seat and followed me Ashley down the stairs to were I was standing waiting.

"Should we ask if your brother wants to come?" Sebastion asked from where he stood across from me.

"No I think he is enjoying watching the practice plus I saw the girl he has a crush on and if we happen to cross paths I don't wanna hear him gawk over her," Ashley responded.

"Alright then," Sebastion stated while shrugging his shoulder and then heading out into the area where the concession stands are.

The silence between the three of us was fairly awkward. I was sure Ashley knew I was wondering why Sebastion was at her brothers game. I watched as she pulled out her phone typed something out and then persumabley pressed send. Thats when I felt a ding in my pocket I visibly rolled my eyes at Ashley before taking out my phone ignoring the weird stares Sebastion was sending our way.

Ashleyyy
I'm not dating him if thats what you think. ;)

                                                                        Me
                                                            Why would I care if your dating him??

Ashley sent me a look before rolling her eyes and starting a conversation.

"Hey y/n thanks again for inviting me over last night," Ashley said.

"No problem Ashley. We really should hang out more often out of school," I stated. Ashley just nodded. To say the silence we were in wasn't awkward would be a huge understatement. I knew Ashley wanted to start a conversation and she looked as if she was just struck with a lightning bolt when she spoke up again.

"Hey so later today they are having a public skate," I knew where this was going and didn't like that. "The three of us should skate." Ashley finished by wiggling her eyebrows.

I exhaled deeply while Sebastion answered rather boredly. "Sure why not," I think he knew he couldn't say no. This was Ashley we were talking about anf nobody says no unless you wanna be shunned.

"Ok then," Ashley said before I even got to answer, "It's settled then we are going to go ice skating tonight!"

_____________________________________________________________________

731 words

Hi people so I am very sorry this is super slow burn. I am trying to pick up the pase or however you spell it. Have  a wonderful day or night and until next time!