Touka

All I could do was watch him sleep. I mean, I was far too excited to sleep myself. I slowly ran my finger along the soft flesh of his neck, wondering if he slept with other ghouls. Did he trust them? I moved my finger down, where I placed another one on his smooth chest. His wound was slowly healing, turning to nothing. Not even a small scar would remain. It was kind of sad really. Knowing he had fought all of these battles just to come back with nothing. Not even a mark.

He woke up hours later, his wound completely healed. I sighed, realising I had been stroking his chest for those hours and that my fingers were sore from the amount of friction that I'd put on them. I imagined his chest would be quite sore, too. He grabbed my hand, his thumb brushing across my knuckles repeatedly. "Sorry." He murmured. I realised there was nothing sexier than his sleepy voice. It was rough, but flowed like silk. It sent goosebumps over my skin and shivers up my spine. "It's fine." I smiled. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Do you want to tell me what happened, yet?"

"I got jumped." He said. I groaned.

"By?"

"Doves."

"Doves?"

"Yeah. Doves." He sat up slowly, releasing my hand. I felt the emptiness and raised my eyebrows. When did I become so needy? I used to have to take care of him. I groaned inwardly as my heart fluttered. His grey eyes were staring up at nothing, and he seemed quite lost in thought. I smiled to myself. He was so peaceful and happy, but so disturbed and depressed. I couldn't understand him just yet.

"Do you want to do something today?" He asked me, turning his head slowly. His eyes connected with mine, and he seemed to focus. "I mean, if you don't want to..." I nodded.

"I'd like to." I grinned. "Like what?" I cocked my head as he smiled. His smile was mischievious, but I enjoyed it. "You'll find out." He said softly as he took my hand. I raised my eyebrows as he jumped out of the window with me in tow. I yelped as he caught me. "Since when were you part cat?" I asked as I dropped to my feet.

"Since I got over my phase."

"Phase?"

"Yeah, my phase. I was depressed, remember? It was when I had first left you guys for Aogiri. I was crazy." He laughed to himself.

"Shouldn't you put on a shirt?" I asked.

"Won't need one." He said as he crouched. I cocked my head.

"What do you want from me?" I asked when his intentions became more and more cloudy.

"Get on." He huffed. I pursed my lips before shrugging and jumping onto his shoulders. He lifted me easily. I shook, my hands threading into his soft hair easily. "Do you wash your hair?" I asked as we started to walk.

"Of course." He laughed. "Why?"

"I was wondering how it was so soft. Honestly I thought it would be gross and bloody."

"You really didn't like me a long time ago, did you?"

"I'm still not sure about you. You're shifty." I laughed as he sighed. We passed through a few crowds, and I glared at the many females - and some males - who began eyeing Kaneki's low hanging pants and his bare chest. He was very attractive, but I would probably never tell him that. His ego would be fluffed forever.

"Urg." He huffed. "Some people are jank."

"Jank?" I laughed.

"Yeah, you know? Disgusting." He snickered as my laughter forced me to double over. By the end of my fit, I was rubbing my eyes and chuckling. "That's a great word." I smiled. "But why?" I asked.

"Because there's a lot of people who are..." He coughed. "Undressing you with their eyes."

"No, they were undressing you." I laughed as his breathing hitched.

"No way." He shook his head. "They were most definitely staring at your ass." He said.

"How could you tell? My ass is back here." I said, patting my butt softly. He shook his head, his hair tickling my thighs. "You can just tell." He answered.

"Do you have some cool mind reading powers?" I asked, gasping softly. "Oh, what am I thinking?" I asked, tightening my grip on his hair. He sighed.

"I can't read minds." He said as we turned a corner. We appeared at an alleyway, and I cocked my head. His grip on my thighs tightened, his arms curling around me. I leant down and wrapped my arms around his neck. He jumped, and I squealed as we landed safely on the rooftops.

"That's so cool..." I breathed as we walked along the roof. He tilted his head to smile up at me. I pulled his hair back, and I smiled as I pulled a hair band off of my wrist. He let me tie up his hair, and I squealed in delight as he was magically transformed into a unicorn. I continued to play with the spiked hair-do as we walked. He jumped down into another alleyway and continued to walk along the streets. "Are you going to tell me where we're going?" I asked as I leant down in front of his face. His tongue flicked across his lips and I resisted the urge to kiss him again.

"Nope." He smiled. I sighed, leaning back.

"It's a really nice view from up here, you know." I said as I stared out at the horizon. The sun was up high in the sky, making me realise how much of my time I had wasted just talking to Kaneki. He had been carrying me for ages, yet he didn't seem to show any signs of slowing or being tired. I ran my finger over the exposed flesh of his neck before it curves into his shoulder. It was dry.

How wasn't he sweating? Not even a little.

I reached up and took a leaf off of a tree. I pulled my hair band out of his hair, and laughed as his hair remained in the same position. I ruffled it, returning his white hair to its old, flat self. I hadn't slept all day or night, and I began to feel the effects of it slowly creeping up to me. I blinked, my eyelids drooping. I felt myself falling backwards, and Kaneki cursed as he caught me. I curled up in his chest, and he shook me awake. "Keep your eyes open.." He slapped me softly. "Why didn't you tell me you were stabbed? Touka..." He hissed as he ripped my shirt down the sides. I heard the sound of his kagune, and then we were raised high in the air.

I had been... stabbed?