Kaneki

Something seemed to be seriously wrong with her. She wasn't breathing right. She was flushed, and sweating, and shivering.

"Are you sure you're just sick?" I pushed as I tucked the blankets around her tighter.

"I'm sure." She grumbled. I had asked that question a thousand times, and had gotten the same reply a thousand times. It was frustrating. I couldn't help but worry about her. She seemed to be getting into a lot of trouble lately and I could never tell if she was lying dead in a ditch without me knowing of her whereabouts. I hated not knowing things - especially about Touka.

I stared at her as she rushed her breathing, and she squirmed under the covers. She refused to sleep, and I refused to leave her side. She'd whine whenever I would lean in to kiss her, and she'd whimper if I touched her. Was this my fault?

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, my temper finally snapping. All I wanted to do was make her feel good. "You'll get sick." She whispered simply. I narrowed my eyes.

"I don't get sick very easily."

"You will if you kiss me. That's direct contact and it's not..." I pressed my tongue on her lips before pulling her bottom one between my two. She shoved me away, and I stared at the ceiling as I fell back on the bed beside her. "I want a kiss.." I whispered.
"No."
"But why?"
"Because I'm sick."
"I don't care."
"You should."
"Touka."
"Kaneki."
"Please."
"No."
"Fine." I huffed, rising to my feet and throwing a pillow at her. She caught it easily, but groaned as her shoulder buckled. I smiled at her as I moved into the small linoleum kitchen. I searched the fridge for something left over, but came up with nothing. How could we have run out of flesh this quickly? I decided she would have to live with something from me; as I would gladly sacrifice parts of my body just so she could live. I made her a cup of coffee, and I stared at her sleeping form as I entered the room.

I lied next to her stealthily. I skimmed my fingers over her hips before I let my arm rest on her waist. I pulled her into my chest as her breathing picked up. "Mm..." I kissed the back of her neck. "I love you." I sighed as I buried my face in her hair and breathed in her scent. She smelt of sweat, but also of strange hotel shampoo. I heard something buzzing, and I moved to answer her cellphone.

Someone named 'Aku.' I stared. What? No, Aku. No. I answered it, smirking as I heard the surprise in his voice.
"Is Touka there?
"Touka is asleep right now." I answered his question, my grip on her T-shirt tightening. "Oh. When she wakes up, could you ask her if we're still on for Friday?" Touka stirred as she reached back and gripped her phone. She pulled it to her ear.
"Yes, Aku." She said. I felt my jaw slacken. A date?!

A DATE?!

"Touka, what the fu-" She slapped her hand over my mouth. "Kaneki," she growled sternly, "Don't." She sighed as she buried her face into my neck. The low rumble of Aku's voice made me growl softly.

"Of course. Thanks, Aku. See you tomorrow night at eight. Alright bye." She hung up and threw her phone behind her. "Don't answer my calls."
"But.."
"Just don't." She sat up, leaving me lying down and confused. She put a hand on my chest when I finally moved to sit. "Ah.." She put her head on my chest as her legs twined with mine. "Shh.." She kissed my jaw. "Sleep." She sighed as she rested on my chest. I just nodded.

----

"When will we go back?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes. I shrugged. Her shivering and shuddering was beginning to get on my nerves, as she managed to grind against me whenever she did it. She shuddered once more, a low whine rising from my throat as I began to get very aroused. She gripped my shirt, exposing my lower abdomen to the world. I sighed, kissing the top of her head and smiling. "I don't know." I murmured. "Soon. When it's safer."
"Safer here or there?"
"There. I just want you to be safe. And in your current condition.. You should eat from me." She shook her head wildly. "No. No. You taste so good and... And..." She couldn't manage to form the words. I kissed her softly, ignoring her protests. "I don't want to hurt you."
"I'd do anything for you. Even give up my limb. Just one, though. After that..." I shrugged jokingly. She laughed softly as she shivered once more, causing my own laughter to be cut off by a grunt. "Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded, watching her tongue as it licked her lips. I stared at her glossy pink lips and decided right then and there that I wanted to kiss her. Until she stood up upon a knock on the door. I heard a familiar voice. "Ah.. Sorry. I'm just.. Not ready yet." She sniffled as she moved around out there. "Come in. Come in." She let Aku in, and his voice was even more soothing in person. "Where would you like to go on our date?" He seemed to emphasise the word date. I raised my lip in a soundless snarl. I moved to the doorway before progressing towards the living room. I yawned as if I had just been asleep, and I twirled Touka around. She sent me a glare as I kissed her, bending her backwards. She pushed on my chest. I pouted, but I smirked when she flushed. "Is this... your boyfriend?" Aku asked. Touka slapped a hand over my mouth as she smiled sweetly. "Of course not."
"That kiss could prove otherwise."
"I know, I know. It's a new thing he's just learnt."
"What are you to him?" They continued on as if I did not exist. 

"What am I?" She looked confused for a minute before Aku sighed and shook his head. "Are you coming?" He asked. She nodded slowly, and dashed into her room. I watched Aku sit down on the couch.

"She's my girlfriend." I growled. "So you watch yourself with her." I eyed him carefully. "If I find out that you've laid one hand on her..." I felt a hand sliding over my eye, and then Touka turned me to face her. I bit down on my lip roughly. Crap. 

"You're alright." She sighed, moving her hand down onto my chest and then sighing. I felt around my neck for my new chain link necklace. I slid it around her neck, smiling. "Give it back to me when you come home, okay?"

"Of course." 

"Are you sure he can protect you?" I asked, leaning down to whisper in her ear. 

"Of course. He's a ghoul."

"What?"

"He's a ghoul." She smiled, repeating herself once more. I blinked. She sighed. "I'll text you." She waggled her phone in front of my face, making me blink and step backwards slightly.

"Okay." I sighed. 

Hey, he never replied to my threat. Did he know who I was? How strong I was? Did he think he could handle me? 

What about everyone at Anteiku? Could he handle all of them too? I doubt he could even handle Hinami. 

I guess... I'll just have to follow them to find out.