Kaneki

"So... there's someone who has been stabbing ghouls with a poisoned knife?" I hissed as the old man attempted to explain it.

"Yes, that seems like it. I've heard of many ghouls who have died by this knife."

"Will Touka die?"

"Probably." I ran my hands through my hair. I started to move towards her room. "She might be... rabid..." He said softly as I huffed and turned on my heels. I continued on my path. Touka couldn't die.

She was too important.

"Touka?" I called out into her room. It was empty, but I could smell her in there. I walked in, and I felt her drop down on top of me. I yelped as she sunk her teeth into my shoulder. I felt her tearing at my flesh, and I threw myself backwards. She hit the wall, her jaw unclenching. I wrapped my fingers around her neck as I held my wound with the other hand. I groaned lowly as the warm blood leaked through my fingertips.

"Touka, you're crazy. You know who I am. Don't you?" I cocked my head, holding her gaze. I had forgotten how beautiful her eyes were. She licked the blood from her lips, and I watched her pupils dilate. She squeezed her eyes shut as a small moan escaped her lips. "You taste so good..." She whined as she reached out for my bleeding shoulder. I tilted myself away from her. "No." I said. She nodded, her eyes trained on mine. "Are you okay?" I asked her. She nodded.

"I'm fine." She said. I couldn't see anything but emptiness inside her. She was... gone. Touka was crazy. I remembered exactly how this felt. She was hungry. Starving. It was driving her off of the edge. A little from my shoulder couldn't hurt, right? I mean... in the long run. It would hurt to feel her eating me. Slowly.

I carefully released her, and tilted my bloodied shoulder towards her. I moved my hand, and she jumped on me. I staggered backwards, but I refused to lose my footing. I couldn't shake her very easily if I was on the ground. She lapped up my blood, and I shuddered as her tongue slid across my wound. She slowly started to eat away at my flesh, moving down to the muscle. Eventually, she ran into the bone. I was chewing on my own lip to prevent myself from crying out. It hurt like a bitch.

"T-Touka..." I heard a small voice. I grabbed Touka's shirt and slammed her against the wall as she leaped away from me. "Hinami.. get out!" I yelled. She screamed and slammed the door. Touka's eyes widened as I dropped her onto the ground. My flesh was slowly coming back, the sinewy strands connecting themselves together again. I saw the tears fall from Touka's eyes and splatter against her thighs as she crossed her legs. She rubbed her eyes as I knelt in front of her. "What happened to you?" I asked as she sobbed softly.

"I... I don't remember. All I know is that I was so hungry. I couldn't stop myself. Oh, god..." She touched the area around my bleeding shoulder. "I'm so sorry Kaneki. I'm..." She was bawling. I put my forehead on hers.

"I'm fine." I said. I pulled away, holding her gaze. Her wet eyes were glistening. I could see myself in her eyes. I shook away that image, and I buried my face into her neck. "Okay?" I murmured. "I'm fine." I felt one defiant tear slide down my cheek and wet the smooth skin of her neck. "K-Kaneki?" She sniffled. "Are you crying?" She asked, tugging my hair. I shook my head, wrapping one arm around her waist and hiding my tears.

"I don't cry." I laughed shakily, wondering why someone would go and stab ghouls. Aside from the Doves... we didn't know who could do such a thing. Especially one that caused them to go rampant before it killed them. "Okay..." She nibbled on my ear. I shivered, pushing her harder against the wall as she wrapped her legs around my waist. I pulled back slowly, hoping that my tears were gone. I kissed her, taking her bottom lip between my two. She pushed harder against me, her hips grinding against my own. I groaned into the kiss as we began grinding against each other. "Ah.." She jerked against me. I put one hand on the wall beside her head, digging my nails into the hard plaster. Our hips began to move together, pushing us tighter against one another. I kissed her neck, slowly making my way to her sweet spot. She arched against me as her movements became jerky. I thrust against her, listening for her sweet moan. It came out as a low scream, and I bit down on her skin. She shuddered as she reached her climax with a scream. I followed quickly.

"W-Wow..." She breathed as she leant against the wall. "A-Again?" She cocked her head. I shook my head, peeling myself away from her. "I need to shower." I sighed. "I'm sorry." I said as I kissed her temple. She dashed to the shower, laughing as I pouted. "I'll go in with you!" I said, banging on the door as she locked it. I heard her breathing hitch, and I smiled to myself as she opened the door with a red face and only a small towel wrapped around her body.

"Don't try anything funny." She said as I stripped off. I sent her a look.

"If you don't want me to... I promise I won't." She smiled at me and nodded as she moved the dial - making the water hot. I felt the steam start to invade my lungs, making the air thick. I jumped in the shower behind her, but kept my distance from her. It didn't stop me from admiring her body.

She really did look incredible. I cocked my head as she slowly washed her body. It was almost a tease, even though she didn't acknowledge my existance. At all. Not even a little.

She could be so cold hearted. I laughed at that. She seemed cold with everyone but me. I began to think about all of the boys she'd most likely... admired... while I was out of the picture. Maybe she'd gone further with one. Maybe she'd gone further than we just had.

"Have you ever loved someone?" I asked her.

"Yeah... but not someone outside of family."

"Did you have a crush on a guy while I was gone?"

"Yes." She nodded shamelessly. I cursed myself. "We kissed and all, but..." She shrugged. "I just didn't feel anything more than a crush."

"You didn't love him?" I asked.

"Why does it matter?"

"Because I want to know!" I snapped, my anger rising. "I want to know if there is someone you would rather be with." I sighed. "I want to know... if I leave again... that you'll be able to find love."

"Of course I'd be able to."

"Oh, thanks..." I said sarcastically.

"But I wouldn't." She said. "I wouldn't love anyone but you." She clamped her hands over her mouth. I cocked my head, latching onto her words.

"You love me?" I questioned cockily. She jumped out of the shower, leaving me alone.

Yeah. She loves me.