Touka

I love the rain. I think it makes the world brighter, even if the clouds are darker.

Kaneki seemed to understand my reasons for leaving him so suddenly. He wasn't happy, no. He never seemed to be happy about it. I didn't need him to be happy - I only needed him to stay with me. Kisses seemed to be the way to pass the time. I mean, it was quite obvious that he loved kisses, and I loved kisses too.

We kissed a lot, and sometimes it escalated. Like right now, when he was on top of me completely shirtless, my legs wrapped around his waist as his hands played across my body - going wherever they pleased. I was constantly shivering under his touch, the electric feel of his skin on mine sent tingles through my spine. I loved it. He didn't want to let me go again.

I didn't want him to let me go.

"K-Kaneki..." I moaned out as he sucked on my neck. I felt him shiver, pressing him tighter against me, and he continued to suck, bite, and lick my sweet spot. I arched my back, and he kissed my collarbone. I felt his teeth scrape against my sensitive skin, and I gulped.

"Ah... mm.." I couldn't speak. I imagined what sex would be like. Sex with Kaneki would be amazing if he was making me feel like this with only his mouth on my neck...

I was just about ready to rip off all of our clothes when there was a slight knock on the door. Kaneki huffed as he stood up, his muscles rippling under his skin as he left me to go answer the door. I felt my eyes drooping shut, and I smiled at the ceiling before getting up to follow him.

"Aku?" Kaneki frowned.

"They're in." He whispered, clutching his side. At that exact moment, when those final words left his lips, I felt my own breath catching in my throat. All it took was those two words. He used his final breath to warn us. Kaneki was by my side in seconds, hiding me from the sight of Aku's dead body. He put his hands on my shoulders.

"The doves are in." He whispered. "We have to get out of here."

"No!" I screamed, trying to push past him. I needed to thank Aku. Even his dead body should be able to hear my thanks, right?

"Touka." He snapped, his arms snaking around my waist as he picked me up. I started to slap his back, and he threw me onto the bed. "Get changed. We're getting out of here."

"No."

"I swear to god, Touka." He hissed as he threw clothes at me. I got changed into them; my mood was lower than it had ever been before. I wasn't happy about this. I wanted to stay. I needed to know that everyone was alright before I left. What kind of a big sister would I be if I left Hinami to die. All alone - because Kaneki and I had run away in fear. That wasn't very fair on Hinami, was it?

"No." I breathed. "We can't leave. We have to get to Anteiku."

"You're leaving. A rendezvous point is something we'll have to set up. I'm going to Anteiku. You'll wait for me and I'll bring everyone to you."

"I..."

"Touka please don't argue with me." He grabbed my shoulders, and I stared into his silver eyes. "Please." He begged. I just nodded, as much as I hated it, he wouldn't be able to fight if he was so concerned about me. He kissed me softly, quickly, before dashing out with me in tow.

----

"Here. Wait here." He said, breathing heavily from the long run. I nodded, my body cold. "I'll bring everyone right here when I can find them. Understand? None of us will die tonight."

"Thank you, Kaneki." I sat, but not lazily. I was prepared to fight for my life, for everybody's life. Everyone needed a fair chance to fight and if the doves wouldn't allow that then the doves needed to die.

"Okay. Now we play the waiting game." I whispered to myself as I sat, almost crouching, under the tree.

----

The first one he brought back was Hinami, thank god. I wrapped my arms around her delicate, blood covered body, and prayed that none of it was hers. I was crying softly as Kaneki dashed back into the battle. "Are you okay? Are you cold?" I asked as the rain slid off of her cold skin.

"I'm fine." She smiled at me. She sat beside me and curled up against me.

"Here." I shrugged off my jacket. "Take it." I threw it over her shoulders.

"Won't you be cold?" She asked, her voice quivering as she wrapped the warmth around her shoulders. I kissed her head.

"I don't care about me. You're more important."

"I am not!" She huffed, but didn't seem interested in arguing why. I let it slide, and I huddled closer to the tree when the rain started to pelt us. I pulled my knees up to my chest and sighed, my breath frosting in the air. A few more people came and - somehow - they were holding spare jackets. They all seemed worn out from fighting, but at least they made it. I grinned and laughed and took a jacket, and we all huddled closer together. I realised this time that Kaneki hadn't come back.

We had one more person to go, and that was Kaneki.

So where was he?!

"Kaneki?" I whispered to Sir, and he tilted his head away.

"Kaneki couldn't make it."

"What?"

"Kaneki. He said he wouldn't be back here for a while." My heart was hammering away in my chest. "No." I breathed. "He promised."

"He said he was sorry." I rose to my feet.

"That's not good enough. Get everyone to a hotel. To safety."

"I'll take them to that one." He said, and without looking I knew which hotel he was talking about. The same hotel Kaneki and I had been sleeping in for days now.

"Right." I nodded as I took off. The last thing I heard was Hinami's small cries, and her screaming out my name.