❣︎Chapter Fourteen❣︎

"Yeah byee!" Tendou practically sang as he closed the door on Terushima's face.

"Satori. You didn't have to kick him out so fast." Y/N sighed.
"You said after dinner he leaves. I was just following your rules." Tendou smiled innocently.
"Whatever." She scoffed.

"So when are you leaving then?" Y/N asked as she started washing the dishes.
"I was thinking of staying overnight again." Tendou leaned back on the counter as he shrugged.
"Don't you have a house?" Y/N furrowed her brows.
"Yeah but I like yours more." He winked playfully.

Y/N rolled her eyes and looked back down at the dishes.

"God, you know, Haru is already attached to you. And when you leave he's going to be sad again. He'll probably think it's his fault guys keep leaving." She sighed, keeping her eyes downcast.

"Y/N." He said firmly.

He immediately perked up at her name that he never uses and stared at him in the eyes with a pained expression. Meanwhile Tendou looked dead serious.

"I don't plan on leaving." He stated.

"Yeah well, plans change Satori." She mumbled.
"Not mine. I don't really know what we have but I like it. I intend to keep it." He said, furrowing his brows.
"What do we have anyways? What is this? What...what are we?" She stopped doing the dishes to fully turn around and face him.

Tendou gulped a bit, not really sure how to answer.

"Because you always give me mixed signals. One minute you are flirting and the next you just act like a babysitter for Haru. So what exactly is your role here?" Y/N rubbed her face in exhaustion.

"I..I'm not sure Y/N. I just like being with you and Haru. Do we have to label that? What we have now is pretty good why ruin it with things like labels?" Tendou pursed his lips, confused on where the sudden question came from.

"So we are friends then?" Y/N sighed.
"Yeah...I guess." Satori bit his bottom lip slightly as he tried to read her expressions.

But he couldn't. Her face was unreadable at the moment.

"Alright. Goodnight Satori. You should head home." Y/N said as she walked into Haru's room to tuck him in, not letting Tendou say another word.

Tendou didn't want to anger her so he complied and left. He got in his car and sat there for a minute, tapping his wheel with his thumb.

"God damnit! Why do I feel so weird after that conversation." He groaned as his impenitent tapping came to a halt.

"I was the one who wanted this..so why was I hoping she would ask for something more." He whispered as he laid his head on the top of the wheel.

☀︎︎

Tendou tossed and turned all night, not being able to sleep. It really confused him why he was so frustrated.

He huffed as he turned to his phone. He scrolled through the contacts until he saw Ushijima's name.

"Hello?" Ushijima picked up almost right away.
"Ushijima. I'm so confused right now, can I talk to you?" Tendou sighed.
"Of course." He allowed.

"So basically me and Bread-chan have been hanging out for awhile now and I really love hanging out with Haru but apparently she doesn't want Haru to get attached because she thinks I'll leave him and he'll be sad. So I told her I would never do that and I think she believed me? But anyways she asked what we were and I said I like how things are now so I don't want a label and so we agreed on being friends but for some reason that doesn't feel right to me. And so I'm so confused and my head is hurting just thinking about it." Tendou rambled all in one breath, panting a bit once he was done.

"So basically you like L/N-san but you are afraid of commitment because you think you'll hurt both Haru and L/N-san somehow?" Ushijima asked, even though it sounded more like an accusation.

"Wha- were you listening at all?" Tendou whined.
"Yes. And I just explained what you said in fewer words." Ushijima stated bluntly.
"So..I like Y/N..." He mumbled.
"That's what you just told me, yes." Ushijima nodded.
"But I'm too much of a pussy to do anything..?" Tendou said slowly.
"Again, yes."

"Holy fuck." He whispered.
"Alright..bye Ushijima." He mumbled quickly before hanging up and letting his arm lazily fall to his side.

"I'm in love with Y/N." He repeated.

He felt a mixture of butterflies and worry as he processed everything.

"He's right. Everything I've been doing up til now was to be around her. But then where do I stand with Haru? Would he even ever see me as a father figure? What about Terushima-san? Fuck this is too much." He rambled on to himself.

He sighed as he squeezed his eyes closed.

"I'll think about everything tomorrow." He mumbled before drifting off to sleep.

☀︎︎

"I'm glad you decided to run with me today Tendou-san." Ushjima stated as they kept a steady pace.
"Yeah..I just am thinking about a lot right now. I needed to clear my head." Tendou sighed.

They both ran in a peaceful silence for quiet awhile.

"Is that L/N-san over there? And who I can assume is her child?" Ushijima pointed over to the pond they were passing.

"Shit really? Hide me." He whispered.
"No. Confront your problems." He declined.
"What the fuck man? What happened to best friends?" He complained.
"I'm doing my job properly." Ushijima said as he pushed Tendou towards the pond.

Tendou started at him like he was crazy and flipped him off.

Then he turned around and took a deep breath.

"Okay. I can do this. It's nothing new, other than the fact that I found out I'm absolutely in love with her." He tried to give himself a pep talk but failed miserably and ended up sighing heavily.

"Just..walk."

"Oh Satori?" A voice he knew all too well called out.

Tendou slowly looked up and gave an awkward smile.

"Are you on a run?" Y/N asked as she walked up to him.
"Yeah..." He answered nervously, looking at anything but her face.
"Oh, have fun then. Bye." She waved.
"Wha-" He sat there widened as he watched her walk back to her son.

Tendou sighed before walking back to Ushijima.

"I failed." He slumped his shoulders.
"Keep working on it. You'll get there eventually." Ushijima reassured him.
"You know what, you are right! I'll just take things slow and make her fall in love with me!" He pushed a fist in the air.
"That's the spirit." Ushijima gave him a thumbs up.