THIRTEEN

Things were on their way the wedding
Was after 2 days.Decorations were on thier peak at das haveli and Roy chaudary masion.Bondita was laying on her lazily while saudamini and saatvika were appling mehdi to her hand.

'bondita jiju ka Naam kaha liku'saudamini asked her.

'jaha likhna Hai waha likh de'said bondita lazily.

'Kal Teri haldi Hai aur Tu yaha par yu hi padi Hai'

'Kal Hai aaj nahi,aur Naam ka hai toh aise jagah likhna ki woh dudh ki na paaye'bondita said blushing.

'bondita yeh sari rakh le raat ko pehne ke Kaam aayegi'sumati entered with a pink saree in her hand.

'Saree todi phenegi raat ko'said saudamini softly but it was herd by Bondita.

'maa sari rakh de aur saatvika mehndi puri Ho gayi Hai Tu jaa niche maa ki madad kar de'bondita said.

As soon as they left Bondita slowly closed the room for their ''personal talk.''

'Kya bol rahi thi ki sari kyu phenegu Mai raat ko'bondita said with anger visible on her face.

'Sahi toh bol rahi hu warna Tu us satin nightgown ka Kya karegi'saudamini teased her.

'chal Ab sab Thik Hai,mujhe tujhe Kuch dekhna chati hu'said bondita blushing.

Bondita picked up a blue velvet box from her closet.She opened it carefully and a ring with green diamond in between with cute little leaves around show her.

She opened it carefully and a ring with green diamond in between with cute little leaves around show her

'Kisne di,hawww jiju ne di na'said mini examining the ring.

'Haa'bondita said blushing.

'kab di mujhe aaj pta chala'

Flashback.....

Both were roaming in the garden at Roy chaudary masion when Anirudh spoke up.

'bondita tumhe Kuch dikhana tha'anirudh said pulling out a small blue box from his pocket.

'ji, dikaye'said bondita forwarding her hand.

He carefully turned her hand to back side and slided the ring to her ring finger.

'kaise hai'

'Bhot sundar Hai,lekin Aapne mujhe kyu di yeh'

'woh Bachpan mein jab baba ne maa ko ring di thi unse pucha toh unhene kaha ki baba ki Pheli baar profit hone par di Hai Isliye Maine Phela case jeet kar kareed kar rakha thi,ab jab hamari shaadi hone wali Hai Isliye de di'

'Bhot sundar Hai ise main Kabhi nahi khogi'said bondita while smiling brightly.
Flashback end.

'phen kar kyu nahi rakhti?' saudamini asked her

'woh Kaam ke bich mein gumh jaati toh Kya karti,shaadi ke din pehnugi'

Early in morning the artistic golden sun got up like a baby and started painting the dark black sky into a bright blue sky. The bright looking milky clouds got up from sleep and started travelling around the sky visiting the wonderful environment. The das haveli was decked up with flowers and lights bondita was busy sipping coffee with a romantic novel in her hand though she never read them but as suggested by her best friend mini she started reading them[friends are ment for these things only *giggling*] Sometimes she blushes and laughs at her own which saatvika always thought scary. Anyways only few pages were left to complete her book ''The Scarlet letter''
When Sumati entered with a Saree in her hand.

'Kya hua maa' bondita closed her book and kept it aside.

'woh Aai bhodu bhaat ke liye bulane aai thi,chal Jaldie se tyar Ho jaa'[This ritual is where a special and a grand feast is organized for her by her family. With lip-smacking food delicacies and night long frolic with family and friends, Aiburo Bhaat is indeed an unforgettable moment to be cherished for the lifetime]

'toh de na Saree tab hi toh tyar hogi'

Sumati handed her a blue saree with minimum work.She got down and saw her mother sitting with food plate which nearly had every begali food.Sumati started feeding her she saw drops of tears in her eyes.

Sumati started feeding her she saw drops of tears in her eyes

'bondita Tu ro kyu rahi Hai?' Sumati asked her while wiping her tears with her pallu

'Kuch nahi maa bus yaad aa gaya thi ki yeh aakhri baar Bondita das ban kar kha rahi hu,fir zindigi Bhar Bondita Anirudh Roy chaudary ban kar kaugi'she smiled with teary eyes.

Sumati hugged her while Bondita sobbed in her embrace.All were adoring the mother- daughter duo.

Guys I really don't know anything about Bengali wedding rituals.thank god we have google but correct me somewhere If I just get incorrect.