SIXTEEN

Bondita was made to sit in her backyard were only womens were there,the sacred water was poured on her brought with ganga which made her look yellow  as the tumeric had already tainted her.while on the other hand same was with Anirudh he was also tainted yellow.Later,they were dressed with the clothes which were send by thier in-laws.Anirudh was reading his new case detials when Kaka entered the study.

'beta shaadi Hai aaj Teri,aaj toh Kaam chod de'said Trilochan while patting his shoulder

'Kaka Bhot sharminda hona Wala case Hai,fir bhi abhi bhi toh Kuch 1 hafte Baad Hai case ki hearing,bus Kuch detials dekh raha tha'said Anirudh closing the file.

'Accha Thik Hai,jaa aram kar le fir raat Bhar sone bhi nahi milega'

'Kaka aapse Kuch zaruri baat karni Hai' said Anirudh figiting with his fingers.

'beta Kal kar lege'Trilochan stared to leave the study.

'Kaka Bondita ke bare mein Hai'As soon as words left from his mouth Trilochan  settle himself on the sofa, while indicated Anirudh to speak further.

'Kaka Bondita apni  padhayi puri Karna chati Hai,Aur barrister banan chati meri tarh.'Trilochan Anger had no limits as soon as heard this,but he tried to be calm.

'hum bahu ko aage padhney nahi de sakte,ladiya sirf garh ke Kaam ke liye hoti Hai'

'Kaka lekin.......'

'Kuch lekin vekin nahi Anirudh,humne kaha na bahu aage nahi padegi'

'Kaka socheye agar Suhasini Ganguly ji ke pati,aur mata pita ne yeh socha hota ki ladkiya keval garh ke Kaam ke liye hai toh Kya woh desh ki sewa kar paati Kya?'

'lekin Hume Kon sa koi swantrata sanani chaye?,Hume toh sirf ek bahu chayeye'

'aap nahi chate Kya ki hame Agrezo se chutkara mile?'

'hum kyu nahi chayeye ki hamre desh mein agrez na Ho'

'toh kaka main Kon sa Bondita ko Jung mein bhej Raha hu,bus bus bol Raha hu ki woh barrister banke ladkiyo ki prena de aaj ek bondita jayegi,kal hazaro jayegi'

'Accha Thik Hai Anirudh,de di manzuri,bus bahu Garh ke Kaam bhi Kare'trilochan said with his hands raised from the argument.

'dyanyawad Kaka'Anirudh exclaimed happily.

[Ganguly was born on 3 February 1909 in Khulna , Bengal ,British India to Abinashchandra Ganguly (father) and Sarala Sundara Devi(mother). Their family was from bikrampur, Dhaka,bengal.She passed  matriculationin 1924 from Dhaka Eden school.she was a great freedom fighter]

Anirudh happiness had no limits,he never thought that Kaka would allow Bondita to resume her studies,but having faith and trust on himself he made a change in Tulsipur.Only few girls went school and college in Tulsipur than devipur.Devipur also had few primary school for girls with the help of Bondita.

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky.Bondita had already took a shower when her mother came with saree and ornaments for her marriage.

'Bondita dekha haldi ka kamal kitni sundar lag rahi hai'Sumati said while holding her chin.

'Aunty yeh haldi ka kamal nahi Hai,yeh toh chamak(glow)hai jo andar se aati hai'Saudamini said who was arranging Bondita's  Essential in her bag.

'Ab jo bhi Ho,jaldie tyar Ho jaa varna jamai babu aa jayege aur Tu yahi khadi reh jaayegi'sumati left for the preparation of bor Jatri.

Saudamini helped bondita to get ready like a tradinational Bengali bride.Her hair were tied in a bun which was adorned with red flowers A simple Topor on her head with jewelry made her look etheral with a kolka design on her forehead made her perfectly beautiful.As Bondita saw her in the mirror she got Dumbstruk.

'Didi barat aa gayi'saatvika screamed from downstairs

Saudamini and Bondita ran towards the window to get glimpse of him.she saw her mother doing arti of him. As soon as she saw Anirudh with white kurta and Nehru koti made her senseless all the things started to get blur expect him.Anirudh also saw her and got amazed by her look.For one second thier eyes met.As soon as they heard the sound of Ululudhvani the got back from trances.Anirudh was taken to the decorated mandap.

Anirudh was taken to the decorated mandap

Next part maybe tomorrow or day after tomorrow.Next part will have the whole marriage sorry for stretching the parts..