3

I could tell that Sovieshu was really surprised with what I said. He let out a smile and patted me.

"You know what, Rashta? That's actually not a bad idea. You're growing from your studies. I'm proud." He seemed really excited to that notion and was eager to try and make it up to Navier, like any ideal relationship should.

But things are already as far as we are right now and I'm sure Navier knows what she has gotten into, because she already knew she was going to be an empress at a young age

Although... this kind of life is just straight up messy. Seeing someone you know that you would be spending your entire life with someone else and seeing someone that you know you should love and making all these sacrifices because of the duty you were bestowed upon birth.

It's kind of like Romeo and Juliet, except they're both alive and divorce was a thing. If you ask me, they were just both victims of their duties, but it does not give Soveishu that right to do Navier dirty like that.

I mean, he is the emperor, he can change laws if he wants to, yet he chose the most idiotic way, as if he did not spend years studying.

"Your Majesty... I think... Rashta has a suggestion as to how Empress Navier would be as happy as Rashta with His Majesty!"

I cheerfully giggled to keep my act as Trashta. It's an idiotic and simple-minded idea, but hey it just works. At least we can make use of her character now. For the better of them.

Soveishu laughed in amusement. I knew that he was mocking Trashta for being uneducated.

"Alright. You can tell me." Soveishu said.

"Well, Rashta has been studying about politics and etiquette to become a fitting concubine for His Majesty...and... I'm sure that I do not need to become empress for my child to be considered as an heir...since it's a special scenario... All rules have an exception, right?"

Sovieshu widened his eyes to my suggestion. Heh, I know it makes sense. This notion would keep my role as Sovieshu's concubine in line and retain Navier as an empress.

But she does deserve a loving husband like Heinrey though... So I'll just make Sovieshu lose his pride and everything will be alright!

That's the perfect plan!

Or so I wish it would have been that simple.

Soveishu laughed once more.

"I never knew you have quite a sense of humour, Rashta! Hahahaha!"

I'm confused at the way he reacted.

"What's so funny, Your Majesty?"

I'm getting annoyed at this guy, he had the audacity to be as stupid into suggesting Trashta becomes empress, remarry Navier but he laughs at my idea which would be the safest route and a route where he would get everything?!

I want to strangle him!!!

I gripped my skirt to hide my anger and listened to him ramble.

"Thing is, Rashta...as emperor I need to create a credible heir. The empress cannot provide me that. It's not my fault."

HE'S SUCH A JERK ARGHHHH

If you badly want to be that way, I'll give you a taste of your own medicine.

"I'm scared to be the Empress, Your Majesty... You're going to be throw me away too... Like what you will do to Her Highness..."

I started fake crying to make Soveishu guilty for his actions. I did not care what outcome I will have after this. This man needs to be put to his place. As if he can get rid of me right now anyway.

He knows I have his child, even though it's not really his.

This event has just made me realize, I am like Trashta but I make more sense and I couldn't care any less about being the Empress.

Raging thoughts flooded through my mind, why don't I just kill him right now, and since my child has not been born yet, the empire would go to Navier since there is no heir, be happy with Heinrey, merge the empires together and just be a powerhouse couple.

That would be too dark. But if he keeps on being like this, I might just consider it! I don't care! This is not my life anyway!

"Alright. I have to work again, Rashta. Please get some rest. Let me handle everything and you don't have to worry about a thing." He said smugly after he had stopped laughing.

He thinks he has saved the day and looked cool in front of me. Yaaaay. I praised him for his actions, then went back to my room.

I ordered some maids to give me sweets to comfort myself.

At least this life has some of the luxurious things that can help erase the stress. My day went normal as usual.

I could not sleep as I can feel the baby in my womb kicking. I walked around the hallways and overhead some maids gossiping.

"Isn't Lady Rashta too kind today?" One of the maids said the other agreed.

"I know! But you know what? My cousin actually works for His Majesty. He said that they would kill her once she gives birth and just proclaim the kid as the heir."

They laughed. They must have thought no one would hear them, since I hid myself amongst the pillars to not be noticed.

"She's just a lowly slave anyway! Empress Navier is still the best! The empire can run without her presence!"