10

Duke Ergi leaned his face closer to mine. His eyes looked furious from all his plans that I have been foiling. There was only one logical thing to do here. 

"RAPE!!! DUKE ERGI IS---!!" He quickly put his hand to shut my mouth. Out of all my experience in my past life, this is the only time I have encountered that a man started forcing himself onto me. 

I bit his hand and pushed him away, quickly going to my dresser and got my candelabra without any candles since it was only afternoon and it was a maid's job to change it before I sleep. 

"D-Don't come closer or I will call the knights on you....!"  I panted while still threatening him with that object while my knees wobbled and voice shook. 

Duke Ergi extended his arms and asked me to calm down. It was obvious from his looks that he had realized the gravity of his emotion-driven actions. He must have realized the position he is in. 

"Look, Lady Rashta. I don't want to be your enemy..." 

"Neither do I!"  I quickly interrupted him as I was still scared at how he just sexually harassed me! I know canon Trashta has taken a liking to him, but I control this body and to be honest, the only thing I am interested about is how will make myself less of a trash! 

Duke Ergi kept his distance from me and sat down from where he was before he did that horrendous act. I gave myself some time to calm down, but I did not let go of the candelabra and slowly paced myself to sit down adjacent to him. 

While still scared, I sat down on the chair and moved it a little more backwards, the fear in my voice couldn't falter. I realized that even if I know the events of the book, these characters can also act on their own with the change of course in the story and it can not turn out in my favour. 

"W-Well....  D-Duke Ergi.... I am not who you think you are." 

That's where I lead him to. The fact that I was someone from another world is a secret I would like to keep until the day I die peacefully in this world. Duke Ergi seemed to listen to my words. To continue, 

"I don't want to be an Empress anymore. I just want to live a life away from the Lotteshus who have done nothing but abuse me! Of course, when His Majesty found me... I thought it was the only escape, but I was wrong. I couldn't bear the thought of me living comfortably knowing that I have ruined a relationship!" 

Of course, Navier was never really happy with Sovieshu, but the least he could have done is accept the possibility that there might be something wrong with him as well, instead of pinning it down to his wife who only loved him and their kingdom with all their heart. As well as, they could have used a couple's therapy, but eh, we're here now. 

Duke Ergi continued to listen to me about how I felt as a concubine. I would be a hypocrite if I did not admit that I also felt a sense of responsibility because a kingdom without an heir would be a disaster. After I have finished talking to him about my opinion regarding these matters, he just scratched his head and sighed. 

"Well, it's a big mess, isn't it? I was about to use you as a tool to break up Navier and Sovieshu, make Navier into Heinrey's and bring the Empire down." He said nonchalantly, looking a little distressed. 

"I...." 

I was speechless as I came to the point of the realization of my actions. I became the enabler of the opposite thing that drives the story of Remarried Empress. Is this really my fate? Is Rashta really that far from being saved? Should I just then accept whatever what's going to happen to me? 

NO! There has to be some way for everyone to get a happy ending! There has to be! 

"I have an idea, Duke Ergi." I quickly proposed and explained my plan for him to set a rumour about the fact Alan went to my chambers and paint it with a hint of truth between me and Alan having a kid, or worse the child I am carrying is not actually His Majesty's. Duke Ergi seemed to be really satisfied with my plan. 

How Sovieshit will react will be one of the biggest turn of events. I also want to save him, but I guess there is no way we can do this without anyone getting hurt. Additionally, this plan allows me to get back on that scum Viscount Lotteshu.