25

Sovieshu's POV.

"You wanted to talk to me as well? Why?" I was curious then sat down to try and have a decent meal with her, as custom.

"I wanted to talk about the conclusion of the trial." Navier said while prepping up herself to eat.

"Ah, I certainly do hope that you don't intend to take those words back after that proclaimation in front of the entire Eastern Empire nobility." I smirked, knowing damn well that she wouldn't and everything is according to how it should be.

"As a matter of fact, I will most certainly not do that. Not to worry, Your Majesty." She started dining in a calm manner, though looking at her do so slightly irritated me. It was as if she had something on her sleeve and alas my instincts were right.

Navier said the unimaginable.

"I do have a favour to ask in exchange of that." Navier said 

"Anything for your great sacrifice, Empress." I responded back with the same energy.

"Abdicate the throne."

WHAT?! I froze for a moment. Is this woman crazy? Me?! Abdicate?! Nonsense!

"Are you insane, Navier? Do you hear yourself? Me? Abdicate? Absolutely not! Just who do you think you are?!" I screamed frantically.

Out of anger, I stood up and was about to hit him, but restrained myself as I could never hurt a woman. I sat down and let out a exhausted sigh.

"Surely, you jest...." I said, trying to keep my temper in.

"I do not. The Empire...is crumbling, because of the revelation on your mother's affair and Viscount Lotteshu's and about Rashta's baby... Well... It's just an entire mess." Navier explained.

"And so what?! It's just a tiny revolt! I could easily shut them up! Besides, if that affair were even true, how is that relevant to me?!"

This wench is really getting onto my nerves! Just who does she think she is?! She's my Empress! I am the Emperor! She should be subservient!!!

"It's not just a tiny revolt, Your Majesty. It's a question of your eligibility of your throne. People are doubting whether if you are the former Emperor's son due to that affair and I propose a solution to ammend this." Navier sipped her tea.

"One must make sacrifices for the empire, right?"

Wow. Just.... I'm speechless. I didn't know how to react at the nonsense Navier is spouting.

"Moreover, I am Navier Ellie Trovy, coming from a direct line of empresses and royal descendants of the empire, if you were deemed truly ineligible. That should secure your child's future with me."

She continued.

No! Never in a million years!

"Be careful of your words, Empress. This is fucking treason at most! I maybe your husband but I am still the Emperor and my words can decide what's your fate going to be!"

"Then if that's the case, I'd like a divorce."

Those words echoed to me, looping back and forth until I snapped out of my senses and laughed hard.

"Divorce?! You're willing to divorce me?! That would make you lose your position! You'll be nothing! You're aware of that! Rashta will be Empress! Do you want that?"

"I don't mind." She snarkily said.

"Let's get a divorce then! You damned witch! How dare you even propose this?! Guards! Seize the Empress!" I screamed.

No knights came to my aide as the Navier just stood calmly then walked gracefully out of the room, leaving me all, I don't know.

Dumbfounded and furious.

Navier's POV

I walked out of the dining hall as Sovieshu grumbled at all of my declarations.

I tried to keep my composure as much as I could, although I was nervous with every bit of action. At this point, I decided to change things.  This time, it will be different.

I called my brother and invited for a cup of tea. He immediately went to my chambers and took on a usual arrogant demeanor.

"You hate Sovieshu to the bone, right?" I asked, asking for validation.

"To the core ever since he took in that slave girl." He answered grudgingly.

I didn't respond and talked to him about our family to stray the conversation without him knowing.

"So... What do you know about King Heinrey?" I asked and his reactions were surprisingly eerie. He gulped and flinched, trying to deny stuff.

Sovieshu might take me for granted, Heinrey might use me for his own intentions, Rashta might be suspicious, but I will remain vigilant and powerful. If you're against me, I'll use your plans for my benefit.

=========================================

I decided to end the fanfic here, because well, why not. Thank you so much for reading and making it this far.

Maybe if requested I might make a part two of this :> who knows? For now, ciao! Hope you enjoyed it!