22

Sovieshu's POV

And then it hit me, all those times I ranted to Navier about how awful my father is, I almost did the same and even so exposed it to the whole empire.

I froze from where I stood and became too stunned to speak.

"Ehh? Your Majesty? Cat got your tongue?" Lord Lotteshu looked at me as if I was a bug.

Does it man have no fear for his life? I... I am still the Emperor! I can kill you if I wanted to!

"You can have me executed if you wanted but that doesn't change anything!" He let out an evil laugh.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut---!" Navier held my hand and nodded sidewards, as if asking to take over moving forward.

I-- Navier... I tried to calm myself down and sat back to relax as Navier spoke on my behalf.

Navier's POV

I couldn't stand seeing Sovieshu get cornered like that. I know for a fact that's well deserved, but a part of me aches seeing it has gone this far.

"That...is... enough." I let out with an authoritative command, which was enough to silence the whole court.

I looked at Duke Ergi and King Heinrey who seemed to be shocked as well for the interesting turn of events.

"As the Empress of the Eastern Empire, I will be speaking in behalf of our *shocked* emperor. If that is the case, given the validity of the statements of Lord Lotteshu and as well as the essence of this trial, shall foresee and acknowledge the identity of Rashta's heir. Not as it's mother but a legitimate child of the Emperor and therefore shall be the temporary heir until I conceive one."

"Your Majesty!!!" Countess Eliza protested.

I looked at her and shook no. Eliza, Laura, this is my duty as the Empress of Eastern Empire. I know Sovieshu has recently almost abandoned me, but it can't be helped.

"NAVI! WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU THINKING?!" Kosair protested as well.

I looked down and smiled at them, as I stood firm in front of my subjects. I glanced at Rashta, whom I can see tearing up.

"Your Majesty... I... I am sorry..." I can hear her mutter.

With that notion, the trial ended, as well as that exhausting that seemed to last for an eternity.

•• Hours Later ••

Sovieshu's POV

"Empress... Ermm... Navier... Do you have a moment?" I tried to approach her as she was walking at the gardens.

"How can I help you, Your Royal Majesty?" She responded in the most formal manner.

I held her hand and kissed it several times.

"Thank you, Empress. Thank you so much. You saved me there. Allow me to make it up for everything that I have done. I just realized a lot of things, I don't want to lose you, Navier. I really don't."

Suddenly that normal look on her face that shows dignity turned into a grin.

"You want to make it up to me, Your Majesty? Abdicate."

"What?!" I let go of her hand in shock. "No! I will never! That throne is a birth right to me! Never!!!"

"Huh? A birth right? You're nothing but an illegitimate child. You cannot give me an heir and yet you blame me? That's just only right for the sacrifices I made for you!" Navier responded back, cornering me back towards the gazebo.

Rashta appeared on the side as well and as well as everyone that I know of. All of them looking at me with a malicious grin, as if they are ready to devour me alive.

I woke up from that dream and saw no one beside me. I had fell asleep on my office. Even with that dream on hand, I rushed towards Navier's room, but it was a sight to see.

About to knock on her door, I saw Heinrey jump out from his window. That damn bird..! How dare he---!

Their conversation went as followed. Instead of barging in, I chose to eavesdrop. What is this guy thinking coveting another man's wife?

"My Queen, why did you do that?" He asked.

"Do what, King Heinrey? I'm the Empress of the Eastern Empire. I take pride in my title and my role in this kingdom." Navier answered while fiddling with a feather pen.

"That just made me admire you, but wouldn't that separate us further?"

You....! You dare flirt with her?! I tried to calm down and listened more as Navier chuckled at his attempts.

"I promise, I will get you someday." Heinrey claimed.

Go ahead and try!

"I'd...prefer you not to, King Heinrey. I appreciate your efforts into loving me, but aren't your ways a little unconventional?" The depth of their conversation became grim.

"Unconventional? My Queen.. that's not... Why would you say that so?"

"A little bird told me." She answered. "You spoke with my brother before the trial. How could I trust someone like that? I really looked up to you, but remember Eastern Empire is my hometown. I wish no harm to come by it..." She held her heart, as if she was willing to sacrifice her own happiness, self and entire being for the benefit of our empire.

I left the conversation and went to check on Rashta.