24

Hello, luvs! Sorry I wasn't able to post a lot of updates. Been busy with work, school, games and stuff like that TT^TT

I've been catching up with Remarried Empress as well for more content so yes!

Thank you so much for still being here and coming this far!

Here's the continuation of the story lmaooo

=============

Navier's POV

Everything is just getting more and more ridiculous at this point. I looked at Heinrey and let out a sigh.

"I need to rest." Excusing myself to my bed then lied down. I saw him bow and left my chambers.

Why am I feeling uneasy? It's obvious that King Heinrey has his own agendas on why he is doing this. We're nobles.

There's always an agenda.

Must I always continue to sacrifice myself for the sake of the Eastern Empire? For my husband? His concubine? For the throne? Several more of those thoughts spiraled into my head. Not to mention, how much of a mess the trial became.

The former empress having an affair? The possibility of Rashta's kid being else's?

"This is something I need to find out further." I muttered to myself as I wrote into my diary.

I cannot shake the fact that King Heinrey has his own intentions with me and I'm starting to....like it?

Sovieshu will never like that for me, but it's not like we're lovers. We were two souls bound by duty for the Empire. We both just woke up and knew that we have the duty to marry each other.

Our childhood.... How, I wish we were kids once more.

I heaved out a sigh and soon went to bed, thinking this day would never end.

Rashta's POV

That trial was just..... AN ENTIRE MESS?!

Navier adopting my kid?! Huh? Sovieshu's mom's affair suddenly popping out? Everything has changed for the storyline of this world, because of me, yet why does it feel like I am close still to my original fate?

Totally agree on Rashta for unaliving herself. Couldn't blame her. This stress is more intense than my piling assignments and my fear of failing.

She sighed extensively and saw Sovieshu enter my room.

Doesn't this man know how to knock? I kept my composure and smiled as usual.

"Your Majesty! What brings you to Rashta's room?" I asked.

Sovieshu wrapped his hands around me. "Today was stressful and you must have felt the same. I'm sorry for our little guy here." He put his hand on my stomach and caressed it with a warm smile.

He might be a bad husband, but at least he is not a bad a father.

I got straight to the point. "If the Empress will adopt Rashta's child.... Will Rashta be any of use still? Will you kick her out?"

Sovieshu stopped what he was doing and was silent for a few second.

"You love me, right? You won't throw Rashta, right?!"

I said, although they were not my intentions. I just uttered those words without thinking.

This must be what Rashta genuinely would have felt as well. Although, I don't really mind, but it hits different when you are the character itself. Trust me.

Sovieshu simply responded. "My sweet Rashta, you will always be the birth mother of the prince of the Empire. You helped bring hope here."

That didn't necessarily answer my question, but okay.

"Rashta is glad then... Although, I have a favour to ask, Your Majesty..." I said.

"Anything that I can do." He sat down beside me.

"The empress gave her blessing to our child. Don't you think it is just right to make a nice gesture for her to show appreciation?"

Just to be clear, I am still a Heinrey x Navier shipper. I'm just saying yanno. Navier deserves it nonetheless. That's the bare minimum Sovieshu could do. Lol.

"That's not a bad idea. Maybe I could even stop...nevermind." He said.

"Stop what?" I curiously asked.

Heinrey? Heh.

"I could win her back again, so she could be as loveable as you."

EXCUSE ME SIR?

I act like I am a good girl because my role is Rashta and I am trying to fix your marriage, the way this girl acts and the fact I don't want this kid to live in exile or something like that!

"No! That could possibly. Rashta will never be compared to Empress Navier! She's like the sunshine and I'm like a teeny lamp! Please don't say those, Your Majesty. I am merely your concubine."

I denied his praises. "That is indeed true, but you're special nonetheless. I will do your idea. Thank you and goodnight."

I sighed and cringed all the way to my spine having that interaction with him.

==== THE NEXT DAY ====

Navier's POV

I woke up to the chirps of birds passing by my window, with a letter on my porch. A white bird had a piece of paper on its claw. 

As I grabbed it to be read, it was a note from Heinrey saying he needs to go but what caught attention the most was:

"My Dear Queen, our conversation yesterday was cut short but I assure you that my intentions to you are crystal clear. With or without strings, I want our fates to be intertwined."

I chuckled softly and kept the note, kissing the bird's cheek as an acknowledgement and appreciation for the letter.

Lady Elisa suddenly rushed over to my room, panting.

"YOUR MAJESTY! EMPRESS!" She said. "The Emperor...! He wants to have breakfast with you! He's waiting in dining hall!"

I, too, also want to talk to you, Sovieshu.