Victory Or Defeat

The first match of the finals is underway, but Izuku has stopped in his tracks.

Present Mic(commentating): "Hitoshi Shinso from general studies has gotten the better of Izuku Midoriya from the hero course! Who would've imagined this?! Will the bottom overthrow the top?"
Aizawa: "That's why I said the entrance exam wasn't rational."
Present Mic: "Huh? What?"
Aizawa: "Here's some basic data on the two of them. Since it's individual matches from here on out, I had someone compile it for me."*looking at the data* "Shinso failed the practical exam for the hero course. Since he also applied for general studies, he probably knew that would happen. His Quirk is very powerful, but the practical exam consisted of fighting faux villains. That gave an advantage to those with physical attack Quirks. Shinso wouldn't have been able to rack up any points with his Quirk."

***

Hitoshi: "You're lucky that you've been blessed, Izuku Midoriya. Turn around and walk out of bounds."

Izuku obeys and slowly starts to walk towards the edge of the ring, much to the shock of everyone watching.

Present Mic(commentating): "Huh? What?! Midoriya's being so obedient"
Ochaco: "Deku-kun, why?"
Tenya: *chopping air* "If you got out of bounds, then you'll lose the match!"
Hayato: *worried, gripping the sides* "Izuchan..."
All Might: *worried, gripping the sides* "That Quirk is..."
Aizawa: "In the fitness test on the first day of school, unlike his brother Izuku scored pretty low for the hero course, but even in the tests where he didn't use his Quirk, he did better than Shinso. So if they fight normally, then Izuku would win. If he can just overcome Shinso's Brainwashing... Well, either way, this'll end up quickly."

At the entranceway, Hayato and All Might are panicking upon seeing Izuku reach near the boundary.

Hayato/All Might: *panicking* "Izuchan/Izuku shonen! You can't come here!"

Still conscious, Izuku tries to resist, but he is unable to stop himself.

Izuku: "No! My body's moving on its own... It's like... my head's filled with fog... No! Damn it! Stop! Stop! Even though... Even though Ojiro-kun and Hayato-chii warned me... Crap! Damn it!"

*flashback starts*

Izuku, Hayato, and Mashirao are in the waiting room discussing Izuku's opponent for his match, Hitoshi Shinso.

Izuku: *gulps nervously* "A quirk that can control people, huh?" *to Hayato & Mashirao* "Isn't that too strong to beat?"
Mashirao: "Yeah, but you can probably avoid it if you know about it. I and Hayato-kun don't remember much after we answered his question. I think that's how it works."
Izuku: *worried* "So if I answer without thinking, then I'll lose right away."
Hayato: "No, but it's not completely impenetrable."
Izuku: *curious* "What do you mean, Hayato-chii?"
Mashirao: *confused* "I also don't get what you're saying?"
Hayato: "It's the very reason I realized he was controlling us. Back when we were running away after Shinso-san stole Tetsutetsu's headband, I think I might have run into one of the horses on Team Tetsutetsu. That's when I snapped out of it. That's how I remember what happened clearly after that, and how I deduced what Shinso-san's Quirk is."
Izuku: "So receiving a shock can get rid of it?"
Hayato: "It's very likely. But I'm not sure as to what level of shock you need...?"
Mashirao: "Plus in a one-on-one match, you can't exactly count on outside forces like that."
Hayato: "Yeah, that's also a problem."
Mashirao: *gets up, to Izuku* "Anyway, that's about all I can tell you."
Izuku: *gets up* "Thanks!"
Hayato: *gets up* "Yeah, Ojiro-san thanks a lot."
Mashirao: "I'm going to say something selfish..." *extends fist to the brothers* "...but please do your best for me, too."
Izuku: "Ojiro-kun..."