Data Log: Rescue Training

Ms. Aoi gave me an extra energy drink today, so I wouldn't run out again.

I thank her as she drops me off, stepping out of the car with my bag. I walk through the gate, feeling for the flower Monoma had given me.

I had put it in a baggy to keep it safe. Not because I like it. Just so he doesn't think I didn't care.

I hear someone walking beside me, a little bit of yellow hair visible from the corner of my eye.

"Is that Pony or Monoma?" "Neither, actually," they let out a short giggle formed from an unfamiliar voice.

Oh.

I turn to see Kaminari, look up at me with puffed cheeks. His cheeks are rosy like Monoma's. "What do you want?"

"Can you go out with me, like tonight?" He asks, his voice raised. He's clenching his bag, his knuckles white.

"No, I'm busy," I face forward again and walk faster, disliking this conversation.

"Wa-Wait!" He shouts, speeding up. I groan and get inside the building, determined to escape him.

"Leave me alone, Kaminari," I grumble, furrowing my brow.

He follows until we're outside our classes, standing in front of our respective open doors.

I turn around and cross my arms, "What do you want?"

He holds out the baggy with the flower, "You, you dropped it." His words are breathy, hunched over slightly from walking fast enough to keep up with me.

"O-Oh... Thank you," I carefully take it, watching him take a few deep breaths before he retreats into his classroom.

I put the flower in my pocket, walking into class. Rin leans back in his chair, "So what was that, Robo Kid?"

"Nothing, I just dropped something," I sit in my seat and Rin sticks his tongue out at me. I roll my eyes and wait for Monoma's daily glance.

He does and I look at him, waiting for him to start talking. I rest my head in my hand with a slight grin. He looks over fully, chuckling softly.

"Looks like someone's excited," he rests his own head in his hand, smiling at me.

"What do you mean?" I lay my head flat, still staring at him.

The sun hits his face, causing him to squint a bit, "You looked at me right when I looked at you, and you had a doofy grin."

"I don't have a doofy grin," dropping my smile. "You do, and it's cute. I like it," he points at my mouth, shutting his eyes with a sweet smile.

I smile in return, sitting upright. Vlad King enters to give us a briefing and the day commences. Normal classes, boring lectures, and worksheets.

It sucks ass.

Vlad King finally returns, a small smile on his face. "Get your gym uniforms on, we're doing rescue training in the gym!" He shouts.

Everyone gets up and rushes to get changed. I walk out and Pony stands beside me, looking up at me.

"What's up, Pony?" I don't even look down at her.."I just saw that you and Monoma..." She stops talking, assuming I know what she talking about.