DISCONTINUED

I'm sorry to report that this story will not be finished. I just don't like MHA anymore, which sucks because I liked writing this.

I won't delete anything, but I don't think I'll ever return to this story.

I'll quickly tell you all what the plan was for the rest of the story (we were maybe only 1/4 of the way through)

_________________________

We would've continued spending time with 1B, building out the relationships and bonds they all have with Y/N, all while Y/N is having conflicting feelings towards Kaminari.

Monoma would've stayed the main love interest for a few more chapters, then it shifts to Kaminari for the rest of the story. This would be the start of a minor conflict that drives a rift in the bond between Y/N and Monoma.

This leaves their friend group conflicted and unsure of how to help, especially after Y/N's manufacturers decide to visit the school.

Time passes, it's the second year, and for the sake of simplicity, there is no war. For now, it's just a slow burn and increasing pressure by Y/N manufacturers to be less human. They've learned too much human emotion and empathy, it would cloud their logistical judgment in a dire situation.

About midway through the year, however, it's revealed that a new model for Y/N was being worked on using data from their time at UA. YN8000.

They're a grittier and less empathetic version of Y/N, with a few extra features to boot. It's declared that Y/N will be sent to be scrapped within a month's time.

However, class 2B pleads and begs with them to allow Y/N to at least finish their time at UA. Nezu compromises and gives Y/N the rest of second year. No more, no less.

As soon as the final bell rings, Y/N will be sent for data harvesting and scrapping for parts. This weighs heavy on 2B and results in everyone trying to spend as much time with Y/N as possible.

Though they claim they're not shaken by this, having known they'd die regardless, Y/N is upset and in deep turmoil.

They confide in Kaminari about their feelings and they have a romantic moment in which Y/N has low battery and Kaminari charges them up with an embrace.

As time passes, their relationship grows while classes 2A and 2B start getting along. Shortly after winter break ends, after Kaminari chickens out of asking Y/N on a date, YN8000 appears on UA's campus.

They demand a fight with YN7000, to prove their superiority. Despite student protest, Y/N agrees and nearly has their arm ripped clean off.

When Y/N releases steam as YN8000 departs, they mock Y/N by stating that they simply can't overheat.

After a few days of leisure at school, not without the occasional thought of death, YN8000 requests to fight to the death in a scrap yard.

No one knows of the invite besides Y/N, so they accept and go to the yard. After a brief stand off, the androids battle, Y/N losing rather harshly as YN8000 berates them.

After some rather harsh words, Y/N confesses what we've known all along; that they're alive and conscious and deserve to live as much as their peers do.