Data Log: Internships and Humanity

Vlad King stands at the front of the class with the biggest grin one could possibly muster.

"I am happy to announce that every single one of you got at least 10 requests from different hero to intern with them!"

We all erupt in cheer and he pulls up a graph, showing who was most popular.

Unsurprisingly, Monoma, Pony, and Tetsu are pretty highly sought after.

After studying it, I find why Vlad King specified the "at least 10".

I only have 10, and mostly from low ranked heros most people don't know about.

One stands out though:
Mirko, the Rabbit Hero.

Vlad King passes out the papers we need to fill out so we confirm our internships.

"Who asked for you two?"

Tetsu leans back in his seat, flaunting his papers.

"Well who asked for you?"

Monoma mockingly remarks, flipping through his.

"Fourth Kind, that hero with four arms! He's super manly and chivalrous."

Tetsu clenches his teeth and pumps his fist, a single tear in his eye.

"Well, I got Rock Lock. And a few others, but I like Rock Lock the most."

Monoma smiles at the opportunity with a hero I presume he likes.

"Who'd you get, Y/N?"

"Most of them, you wouldn't know. But I'm probably going to go with Mirko."

"The rabbit hero!?" Pony squeals from across the room.

"You're so lucky, Y/N! I was hoping for her."

She pouts her lips and sulks in her seat.

Kendo smiles and gives a thumbs up.

"Good job Y/N, getting someone that important to choose you. I'm not surprised you weren't that sought after though."

"And why's that? They're a crime fighting ROBOT, Kendo. I'd want them at my agency," Awase says, arm over his chair.

"Well, it would be embarrassing to have this 'better than a human' Android at your agency, one-upping you constantly!"

Tsuburaba laughs at Awase, chucking a crumbled paper at him.

Vlad King pays no mind, even cracking a smile at this family dynamic we have here.

"I don't mind, really."

I shrug, filling out the files for Mirko.

"If anything, I'm glad. This means Mirko probably saw something in me, something that needs improvement and training."

I glance up, everyone giving me at least an eye.

"Plus," I sit up, shutting my eyes and smiling, "it seems to bring you all closer together when we speak like this."