Data Log: Tetsutetsu's Birthday

As I exit the class, Kendo pulls me aside. Tetsu and Pony are walking away together, chatting it up.

"What's going on, Kendo?"

"It's Tetsutetsu's Birthday and we all forgot! We have to get him something."

I shrug, "I believe a simple 'happy birthday' would be sufficient."

"No no! We promised to do something for everyone and we have but we forgot Tetsutetsu!"

She shakes me and I feel myself teeter on my heavy feet.

"I have a solution, why not just set it up today and celebrate tomorrow?"

Kendo's eyes widen as her smile grows.

"Y/N, you're a genius!"

Kendo then gets out her phone, begining to call other members of the class and walking back into the class, possibly to ask if we could set up for a party.

I walk away, out of the school and down to a local game store. I catch a glimpse of Street Fight V, a game Tetsu has brought up very frequently, despite him not having it.

I reach into a pocket in my school bag, grabbing my wallet. I grab a copy of the game and take it up to the counter.

As I leave the store, I catch a glance of a vegetable store, recalling Tetsu liked spinach. I rush inside and scour for anything with spinach.

A container of spinach gomae is all alone on a refrigerated shelf.

I purchase it and pull out my phone, scrolling through my contacts to Tetsu's.

I call him and walk with my two plastic bags.

"MOSHI MOSHI, TETSUTETSU TETSUTETSU HERE!"

"Hello Tetsu, what is your address?"

"Erm, who is this?"

"Y/N, it's on the caller ID."

"Oh, I don't check those!"

"Why?" I stand outside a gift shop, waiting for him to confirm the address before I enter.

"I didn't get a smart phone until this year, I've always had a wall unit. So I would have to ask who it was every time."

"You should learn to check them, always check who the caller is first. It's safer to not say your name first."

"I'll keep that in mind, by the way, I'll just text you my address. I have it saved to my notes app."

"Okay, thank you."

"Bye-"

"Wait!"

"What's up, Y/N?"

"Happy birthday, Tetsu."

His end of the line goes quiet. I hear his breathing quicken.

His voice is audibly choked up a bit, "Thank you, I thought everyone forgot."

"I assure you we didn't, I'll see you soon."