Chapter 6 - What's going on

Missy's POV

All the Heroics are running around trying to find stuff. Ms. Granada hasn't told us what to do yet. She hasn't even come into the classroom yet. "Okay, what is going on?" Wild Card says kind of losing his patience. "Ow," I hear Facemaker say. Noodles, Ojo, and Slo-Mo are over there trying to heal his wound. 

"I'm sure the Heroics have everything handled," Wheels says, "Yeah but what happened?" A Capella asks. "I'm not sure, but everything is going to work out," Wheels says reassuring A Capella. Rewind and Fast Forward are in the corner talking. I have a feeling Rewind still feels bad. He won't talk to anyone except for Fast Forward. 

Suddenly Brooke and Kateline walk in talking to each other. They both make their way over to some desks and continue talking. "It has to be the same person. They're probably going to create more" Kateline says, "Yeah but how many?" Brooke asks. 

"He's either going to make one of each element or maybe... Honestly, we can't even make a guess. Who knows what he's going to do now. He's just upgraded like 4 times" Kateline says sighing. "This is probably going to be the toughest thing we've fought," Brooke says, "Agreed."

Wheels, A Capella, Wild Card, and I walk over to them. "What's going on?" I ask, "Oh hey," Kateline says finally noticing us. "Don't worry everything's fine" She says, "No it's not. Clearly, something big happened but no one is telling us anything" I say losing my patience. "So what's happening!?" I ask in a sort of calm but a bit raised voice tone. Brooke and Kateline both sigh. "Honestly. We don't even know anymore" Brooke says. 

"We're still trying to process a bunch of stuff that we don't have time to do" Kateline explains. "What happened?" A Capella asks, "A lot" Brooke replies quickly. "Speaking of we haven't even done what we were sent to do," Kateline says "Right" Brooke replies.  

"A Capella, Guppy, Slo-Mo, and Noodles can you come into the hall with us?" Kateline asks. We all look at each other confused. "Sure?" A Capella says even though it sounded like more of a question. They walk into the hall and Brooke shuts the door. 

Kateline's POV

"What's wrong?" Guppy asks in her cute but worried tone. "It's complicated. But there's something you need to know" I say. "What is it?" A Capella asks worried. "Is someone hurt?" Noodles asks Brooke and I. "Well, technically no" Brooke says. 

"This is kind of hard to explain, but during the battle, your parents lost their powers," I say. "What?" Guppy asks. "Wait that includes your parents right?" Noodles asks. "Yes, both me and Brooke," I say. I'm guessing Guppy told them Brooke was her sister. 

"Both Mom and Dad?" Guppy asks Brooke worried. Brooke picks Guppy up and hugs her. "No just dad," She says. Slo-Mo walks over to me and I give him a hug. I then walk over to A Capella and Noodles and give them both a hug. I can tell everyone's still trying to process this.

 "How did this happen?" Noodles asks, "The monster we were fighting picked them up, started glowing, and next thing we know they lost their powers" I explain. "So does that mean they can't be heroes anymore?" A Capella asks. "Of course they can still be heroes," Brooke says reassuring them. "Missy doesn't have powers but she's still a hero," Brooke adds. "It just means they won't be able to go on all the missions. Some might be too dangerous without powers" I say. 

"Can we go see our parents?" A Capella asks, "Of Course. Follow me" I say. We walk all the way upstairs to where the Heroics and Ms. Granada are all sitting in the meeting room talking. They notice us and Lavagirl, Sharkboy, Blinding Fast, Invisi Girl, and Ms. Vox all walk over to us.

 Lavagirl, Sharkboy, Brooke, and Guppy all go into one of the conference rooms, Invisi Girl and Noodles go in another one, Ms. Vox and A Capella go into the room across the hall, and My dad, Slo-Mo, and I walk down the hallway a bit before going into a different meeting room.

"Dad, have you really lost your speed?" Slo-Mo asks, "Unfortunately yes," My dad says frowning. The room is silent for a few minutes. "So what's gonna happen now? Are you ever going to get it back? What does this mean? Are we going to have to move?" Slo-Mo asks rapid-firing questions at my dad.

 "Woah, bud. Chill" My dad says stopping Slo-Mo. "I'm don't sure what's going to happen next. The Heroics and I are trying to find a way to get the powers back. And no we're not moving" My dad says. "But mom-" "Slo-Mo," My dad says trying to get him to stop. "She always said-" "Slo-Mo," My dad says trying again. "This is just going to make her" "Slo-Mo," I say trying to get him to stop. "What if-" "Nathaniel!" I say raising my voice. 

He becomes silent as I use his real name. Nate, no matter what, you're not moving. Even if mom wants to, she doesn't have custody over you" I say. "But what about you?" He asks me. "Right now Mom knows not to take me away. So I'll be here to figure things out" I say. "But what about after?" He asks, "After is later on. I don't know what happens next. But right now I'm staying here" I say.

He thinks for a moment before turning to my dad. "What are the Heroics doing now?" He asks, "Right now we're trying to track down the monster," My dad says. "How?" He asks, "We're still trying to figure that out" My dad replies. 

"Katie, did you or Brooke find anything?" He asks me, "Not yet. What about the others?" I ask, "Nothing." "There has to be something. There's no way a villain hasn't done anything like this before" I say. My dad puts a hand on my shoulder. " We'll figure it out. We always do."

We talk for a bit longer before heading back to the conference room. The heroics return to the table, and Brooke and I take Noodles, Guppy, Slo-Mo, and A Capella back downstairs to the classroom. 

"Can we tell the others?" A Capella asks me while we're walking down the stairs. "I guess so, but I think it would be better if the Heroics explained it," I say. A Capella nods her head in agreement. We walk back into the classroom and everyone is waiting for us. "Is everything okay?" Missy asks, "Yeah. We just got some news" A Capella replies.

"Can you tell us?" Wheels asks her, "I think you should ask your parents. It's pretty big" She replies. "Actually here give me a sec," I say coming up with an idea. I call Marcus on my wrist com. "Hey what's up?" He asks, "Do you think you and the other Heroics can come down to the classroom so we can explain as a group what happened?" I ask talking into my wrist com. "Yeah sure, just let us finish up" He replies. "Okay," I say then hang up. "We'll explain everything soon with the Heroics," I say. 

"Was that my dad?" Missy asks me. "Yeah. He and the other Heroics are discussing a few things. When they're done they'll come here" I reply.  "Are you girls going head back to the meeting room?" Guppy asks me and Brooke. I look at Brooke. She shrugs her shoulder. "I guess we could stay here. They'll just have to fill us in later" I say.