The Sky Was Crying

We sat in the grass, tangled in each other. You were reading out loud to me while I was staring at the clouds. ' That one looks like a heart. ' I thought quietly to myself. " She tried to fix everything she broke but as she touched the ones she loved they fell apart in her hands." you said the words the author had written. "Can I ask you something?" I asked quietly, still staring at the clouds through the leaves and branches of the tree that was giving us shadow. "Sure love, always. " You looked up from the book to me. I thought for a second. "Did you think the first time you saw me, that you would be here with me right now? Laying under this tree, reading to me? Tracing patterns in my hair?" I looked up to you, seeing you frown a bit at my unexpected question.
"Yes." You said after a quick thought.
"I always knew that you were special." You closed the book, putting it away in my little bag. I sat up straight looking at you with hope in my eyes. "I saw us swimming in the lake, looking at the sunset, laying here under this tree. I saw it all love." You said with a smile.
"Really?" I asked.

"Of course love, this is your imagination."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Love, I'm not really here.."

I tried to touch your face but you were gone already. The sky began to cry. Her tears streaming down my face. Making my dress wet. Making me feel the heavy blanket of missing you, of living without you. Loving without you. Without knowing what's real and what isn't.

- M