Cloth

Viral was very wise for his age. He was technically the youngest, even younger than Max. He supposed it was what he was supposed to be. He had a such an advanced knowledge of code because of how closely knit he was with code. He had less of a physical form but a wider range of code. 

   Viral tended to roam the castle when he wasn't doing something. No one could really see him anyway. Not unless Matthew wanted Viral to be seen. It was either stick by Matthew or go back into his stasis. Viral got bored. 

   "Kid." 

   Viral looked around for a moment. Odd. He didn't see any kids around. He glanced toward the voice. It was Dr. Brilliance, staring right at Viral...

   "Yes you."

   "You can-"

   "Yes. Listen to me. Its important."

   "What's important..?" Viral's tail quivered lightly. He had a bad feeling about this...

   "When Maxwell was born he was supposed to be a twin," The doctor began. "Due to Matthews unstable magic, the twin didn't make it. Instead the twin became more code than physical and he went into a stasis state until he was awakened."

   Viral felt a lump in his throat.He didn't like the sound of that... "So... you're saying–"

   "Yes. You are that twin."

    Viral stared ahead as his brain buzzed. He was supposed to be Maxwell's twin. That's why he was connected to Max in he first place. But... Matthew's... no... Fathers power.... killed him before he was even born. Oh stars.

   "Hey. It's going to be alright. I have an idea to help you." The doctor gave a short sad smile.

   Viral's tail twitched. "What do I need to do..?"

   "I need your Fathers handkerchief."

   His tie? Why? "What for?"

   "It holds great significance to your father. It was his mothers a long long time ago. Bring it to me and I can help you."

   Viral rolled the proposal around in his head. Just that piece of cloth for a chance at what he lost...? " Okay. I'll get it."