Wrapping Up

"Viral..."

   Viral had been expecting this conversation for a while now... He honestly expected it much sooner. "Yes sir..?" He whispered turning around

   "I'm not mad at you!" Matthew clarified quickly. "I just wanted to talk to you."

   "Okay..." Viral muttered softly.

   "How did Brilliance enchant you?"

   "I brought him your scarf..." Viral admitted softly.

   "Why..?"

   "Because he said it could help me..." He sighed. "He said the enchantment and I started to say no but he shoved it onto me and then Cypher was there and I'm so sorry!" Viral frantically wiped at his face with his palms.

   "Hey hey–" Matthew called in a gentle voice. "Come here." He pulled the spirit into his arms. Gosh he hadn't realized how small Viral was until now... He was just a kid...

   Viral hiccuped and buried his face in Matthews shirt. "I'm sorry!!!" He blubbered out. "I didn't– I couldn't–"

   "Viral hey... Vi... Look at me. Do I look mad...?" Matthew put on a gentle smile.

   Vi looked up and sniffled. Matthew's face was gentle behind his tinted glasses. His hair was messy and still sticking up from his head bandages
He didn't look angry in the slightest."No sir..."

   "It's alright Vi. I promise you did nothing wrong... but I do have one more question."

   Vi wiped his tears away. "Yes sir...?"

   "About the father thing..."

   ". . . Brilliance told me something." He pulled away from Matthew. "He said... That Maxy was supposed to be a twin but because of your unstable power... the twin didn't make it... and then the twin's spirit became attached to Max to help filter... your power."

   "And that was... you?" Matthew whispered.

   Viral nodded and wiped his eyes. "Yeah..."

   "Oh Vi..." He murmured and pulled the boy close again. "I'm so sorry..." He whispered voice breaking. "I didn't even know..."

   Vi nuzzled close. "I'm sorry I hurt you–"

   "I'm sorry I hurt you." Matthew whispered back and pulled away. "Vi. You're my son..."

   "I... Am..?"

   "You are." Matthew smiled and pressed a soft kiss to Vi's head. "I'm so sorry. For everything."

   Vi nuzzled closer. "M-Matthew... Can I–"

   "You can call me Father..." He whispered.

   Vi went quiet. "I love you..."

   "I love you too." He sighed quietly.