Snooping

Rune was not a very cautious person. She liked to run into things head first and sort out problems later.... But this wasn't really a good time for that.

   "Okay... Okay... What would Cypher do..?" Rune asked herself. She was currently pressed against a wall in a quirt corridor of the castle. "He'd play it safe. Stay in the shadows. Don't let anyone see you. That's the smart plan. Stars I wish he were here. I'm not smart enough to figure out who's doing weird magic." Rune hissed. She was still a bit frazzled after seeing her father injured so easily by what looked like her brother. And the thing Viral said... Today was not a good day.

   Rune shook herself off and headed down the hall. If this Enchanter is a bad guy he must be hiding somewhere. Rune knew about hiding. Adam had shown her all the hidden doors and dark corners in the castle when she was young. Maybe she could find Adam? He was crafty. He might have an idea... Too risky. She. couldn't pull someone else into this.

   Runes arm still hurt from when she was thrown into that cell. Maybe it would be best... to get treatment first. She should be at her strongest when she comes up against the bad guy. Besides what doctor would want to hurt anyone?

   The infirmary was a big space and easy to be spotted in. Cypher would probably be disappointed in Rune's choice to come here. Well Cypher wasn't here.

   "Young Miss Miraculous? Why are you here?" Dr. Brilliance spoke up glancing around the area with a frown. He looked... on edge. Rune regretted coming here immediately.

   "I just hurt my arm. It's no big deal." Rune waved him off. "I was just looking for some bandages." Theres no way... he's a doctor! He heals people! He... was very opposed to the procedure she and her brothers did to save their father... He was always snappy with her father when he was in the infirmary... Now that she was thinking about it rune noticed some ugly looks Brilliance gave her father. She had to get out of here.

   "Let me help you." He suggested a bit... too eager. 

   "No thanks. I'm fine!" Rune pulled back. 

   "At least let me get you some bandages." He sighed.

   "Thanks, but no thanks." Rune flashed a smile and turned to leave before he could respond. No way she was taking anything from a suspect...

   Now she had a suspect... what now? She had barely heard of enchantments. Who did know about them...? Her parents? Both who knows where. Her uncles? No she wasn't dragging them into this... She couldn't trust anyone else. There was... Charlie... All the way back in the dungeon. 

   Rune huffed. She didn't like Charlie. He was... evil. But she didn't really have another choice. She ducked into a corridor and went to loop around the castle. This way was longer but it was less likely that Brilliance would follow. Rune couldn't help checking over her shoulder...