Someone has to Escape

Rune was in a panic. She just saw her father knocked out in one move. Oh stars there was still a puddle of his blood on the ground. That... thing threatened to torture and kill her father... What is she supposed to do now. 

   "Okay You need to pull yourself together." Charlie hissed from the next cell. "Obviously one of us has to escape and fine the enchanter."

   Rune wiped her face quickly trying to calm her panic. She felt sick from the smell of blood. "E-enchanter?"

   "The cloth around grey-Cyphers ankle. It's Matthew's isn't it? Why did he have it. It was also glowing. It was obviously an enchanted item which means there's an enchanter nearby." Charlie huffed like it was obvious. 

   "How do you know..?" 

   "You weren't around when Marine returned. She was and enchanter. I studied the topic for a long time... Actually I hoped I was one... Maybe then dear old dad would stop talking about the Golden Child so much." He grit out and then sighed. "Not important. Enchanted items can get the person to do whatever the enchantment is. My guess is this enchanter really hated your dad.  Someone needs to find them, I'm a prisoner still. My other siblings are who knows where and they don't visit outside of schedule. That means you have to escape."

   Rune sat against the wall. "Okay... how? These cells are enchanted too aren't they? Watcher proof?"

   "Watcher proof. You aren't a full Watcher but you do have all the power of one." 

   "How do I know you aren't working with him?' Rune hissed narrowing her eyes. This man was a murderer.  

   "Why would he keep me in prison? Besides... I never actually meant to hurt Cypher like I did. I was actually going to share my kingdom with him before he betrayed me." Charlie hated being honest. He hated admitting that he actually liked the kid...

   Rune turned the idea over in her head. "Fine." She stood up and headed over to the bars. The blood had begun to dry on the floor and wall between the cells. She grit her teeth and opened the code. Okay Rune... You practiced this... Just a minor teleportation that... hopefully, won't ping anyone's senses. One... two... Out!

   Rune opened her eyes. It worked! She's out of the cell. She turned on her heels. 

   Charlie raised a brow behind his shaggy hair. "Well?" 

   "Right. I'll go look." She turned to head out. 

   "Be careful! It could be anyone!"