Brilliant

Brilliance had entered from the opposite side. He was closest to Charlie and Cypher. Viral scrambled away and ducked behind Matthew. He looked like a scared little kid...

Rune growled. "You hurt my dad. You hurt my brothers!"

Brilliance rolled his eyes. "Now I see. I should have killed you while I had the chance. You are a nuciace. I killed the first woman who discovered my plans..."

"Who did you kill?" Rune snapped.

"Oh. You haven't figured that part out yet? Queen Charlene was always so bright-"

Charlie lunged forward but Rune caught him by his shirt. "You killed her! I knew it! I knew she couldn't have died just like that!"

"Stop it!" Rune snapped pulling Charlie back. "Listen. You want to kill my dad you go through me."

"With pleasure." Brilliance grinned and shot a blast of pure magic right at Rune.

Rune was stunned. She didn't know anyone but her father could shoot straight magic like that... It's coming. Time felt slow as the bright ball of magic flickered through the air.

A shadow crosses in front of her. His lips are moving. Rune doesn't hear what he says but he knows his action here is important. Her brain is moving too slow to comprehend... And then he's blow back into her.

Rune catches him as the both skid back a bit. "Charlie!" She manages laying him on the ground. "What... Why? I thought you were..." He just saved her. He saved her even after everything he did before?

Charlie winced clutching at his chest where the beam hit. There's a scorch mark through his shirt and onto his chest. "Yeah well... I've had a lot to think about... This guy killed my mum... Figure he's a common... enemy." He coughed his eyes rolling back.

Rune snapped her head up to glare at him. "You made a big mistake pissing me off." She opened a portal and appeared next to the wall. She grabbed a pair of cuffs and then teleported again.

Brilliance blocked her attack. "I don't think so."

Rune portaled away and came out the other side. Brilliance matched her move for move, she couldn't get close enough to do any real damage.

If she can't beat him... go for the legs. She swept her leg out catching his and dragging them out from under him. He was on the ground. She clasped the cuffs on him. "Don't make me laugh."

Brilliance growled. "I enchant these cuffs to release me this instant." The cuffs stayed bound to his wrists.

"Nice try. Everything here is already enchanted," Rune spat. "I win."

"No! That can't be it! I won't let it!" Brilliance thrashed angrily.

"Well it is." Rune portaled him into the cell she was in before.

Now to worry about her injured family...