𝙏𝙍𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙁𝙐𝙇

╰┈➤ ❝ [ 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙣𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 ] ❞

╒══════════════════╕

TRISTFUL

(𝐚𝐝𝐣.) 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐞𝐭

𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲

╘══════════════════╛

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║

𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙤𝙙𝙚...

IT IS OFTEN SAID THAT BEST FRIENDS BECOMING LOVERS IS ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO FALL IN LOVE. Taking a pre-existing friendship and dipping it in honey so that it becomes a saccharine treat for the lovers to enjoy. They claim that its because your relationships are stronger and you already know everything about your partner. Or perhaps its because friendship is the only true glue that can hold people together. The fact that the two souls are already dancing from the same star, but seemingly shining brighter when they are with each other.

This was the case when it came to Adria Gunn and Klaus Mikaelson. The duo often walked that very thin tightrope between best friends and something more.

That has unfortunately always been the situation when dealing with these in-denial lovers. It dates all the way back to when both Adria and Niklaus were human. Back to when they were innocent people, not yet scarred from the cuts of cruelty they faced. Back then they were simply Adria and Niklaus; or Niklaus and Adria as Nik always corrected.

The two did everything together. They danced, and sang, and laughed, and fought, and cried, but one thing they never did was leave each other. Not even as their families grew and Adria found out she had a rather strange gift with magic that her parents considered dangerous. Or even when Niklaus became the recipient of his father's harsh treatment. 

They were broken, but they stuck together as one. 

It wasn't until the tragic death of Henrik Mikaelson did things change for both the Gunn and Mikaelson families. Esther, Niklaus' mother, performed a ritual to essentially protect her children and their friends but instead created savage, immortal beasts.

All of the Mikaelson siblings, along with Adria and her younger brother Erik had swords brutally rammed through their chests, but later awoke with an extreme hunger for blood. It was then that the Original Vampires were created.

However, Adria was something more. Prior to her unfortunate death at the hands of the Mikaelson family, she once had the ability to take magic from other sources. She expected to lose this ability upon turning, seeing as her brother had lost his magic, yet she was more than thankful when she found out that she still had magic, and was even more appalled when she later figured out that she could take magic from herself. 

Adria became the first witch-vampire hybrid.

Whilst, Adria was figuring out her magical abilities, her lifelong friend was discovering that he too was a hybrid. A werewolf-vampire hybrid. Unluckily, his mother decided to repress that part of him with a curse that would take centuries to break.

Fast forward a thousand years, and a now full hybrid and a powerful heretic could be found together, causing mischief and doing whatever it is that two formidable hybrids like to do.

But on one fateful, drunken, night the two succumb to their deepest desires and unknowingly create life, which just so happens to spark a series of unfortunate events.

►   𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

warning: talks of death, blood, and gore. klaus being a simp. Mentions mature language.

author's note: I only own Adria Gunn, her backstory, the storyline, and any other additional characters that are not apart of the TVDU. All other TVD and TO credits go to their respectful owners. No plagiarism allowed!