00

"MY SISTER INFORMS ME THAT YOUR VAMPIRE ASSILIANT IS DEAD, SO YOU'RE SAFE AND FREE TO GO

"MY SISTER INFORMS ME THAT YOUR VAMPIRE ASSILIANT IS DEAD, SO YOU'RE SAFE AND FREE TO GO. OR STAY." Klaus informed Hayley, a werewolf whom he and Adria had been trying to get information out of. 

"I could be persuaded to stay, enjoy some of the good life. And maybe I could drum up a few more of Katherine's secrets and you two could do something for me," Hayley suggested.

Adria could only laugh and sip more of her drink. "I'm sorry darling, but you will never convince us to let Tyler go free. He knows what he did, I say his punishment is fitting."

Klaus walked up next to Adria and faced her as he spoke to Hayley. "I have to agree."

"Of course you do. Well, then I guess I'll never get my chance with Tyler any more than you'll get a shot with Adria," was all she said before grabbing her things and walking right out the front door, leaving a tense atmosphere between Adria and Klaus. 

The silence seemed to last forever before Adria bit her lip then turned to face Klaus who was already staring at her. 

"Any more than you'll get a shot with Adria," the heretic mocked the werewolf. "Oh come on Nik, you're not seriously going to let her talk to you like that."

"Well I'm sure she knows that talking to me like that only gets you killed. Perhaps that's why she left in a hurry, with her tail between her legs," Klaus smiled while gesturing in the area in which Hayley left.

"The Nik I know always gets what he wants," Adria smirked up at him, "So could you tell me again why is it that you never got your 'shot with me'?"

"Well rest assured sweetheart, I always get what I want," Klaus said pausing to brush a loose curl from Adria's face. "As for my shot with you... I can't say I have an answer for that."

"From what I remember, its because we were always too busy plotting and scheming that you couldn't properly see what was right in front of you."

"And what is right in front of me?" Klaus asked, a smug smile forming on his lips.

"Me."

"That you are."

"So," Adria stepped closer to him, "What do you want Nik?"

"You," was all he answered as he cupped her cheek.

"Then prove it."

And then, he leans in, ever so carefully. Their eyes never losing contact and his breathing equally as heavy as hers. He was so close now, she could feel the heat of his breath fanning her face.

"I do believe this is long overdue," Klaus hums, "Something I should have done a thousand years ago."

"I do believe so, yes."

"Can I?" Klaus softly asks.

She slightly nods her head but that wasn't enough for him. Sensing this, Adria mutters a reassuring "yes."

This was all it took for him to press his lips against hers. 

At first Klaus' eyes widen in surprise as he feels Adria's lips on his. But then he gives in. Dropping their drinks, closing their eyes and losing themselves within each other. He grabs her by the waist and brings her as close as he can, and somehow, it's not enough. Not at all. 

Klaus feels a desperate need to touch her all over, and from the looks of it, Adria feels the same way. Adria's fingers drag from his shirt to his hair, and allows herself to curl them there. A soft moan escaping her mouth, which drives Klaus mad. He secures his hands around Adria's waist and vamp speeds them to the bedroom, a place he knows he can properly give her what they both so desperately want. 

Klaus then proceeds to pin her down against the large king-sized mattress and he kisses her. He kisses her so intensely. So passionately. He kissed her jaw. He kissed down the mane of her neck. He kissed the small, singular, freckle that rested upon Adria's left cheek.

Klaus kissed Adria like he has just won a war. Hard, hungry, victorious-breathless, as if after all these past years fighting and running and only now has he stopped long enough to catch his breath.

And he knows this is wrong. He knows that he shouldn't be kissing her at all. Adria. His childhood best friend now in bed with him.

Yet he can't bring it in himself to stop, and she can't find it in her to pull away. Even if they wanted too, they wouldn't be capable of doing so. They were both too enamored with each other and had lost complete control. And it scared the crap out of them.  

It scared the Original Heretic and the Original Hybrid that they could make each other feel this way. It was a feeling foreign to the both of them. Sure they've both had their fair share of kisses, and well sex before. But none ever felt so genuine, and so beautiful.

Discarding their clothes throughout the room, they continued to move in sync as one. Klaus bared his fangs and hovered them over Adria's neck, not yet sinking them into her flesh until she couldn't take it any longer. Only then did he allow himself to let his fangs penetrate her skin and taste her rich blood. When he had satisfied himself Adria switched their positions and helped herself to the vermillion liquid that roamed his veins, and getting consumed by the rush of euphoria. 

Many thoughts went through their head during this time. Some of which were lies, others being the truth.

It was a lie when Adria thought to herself that this would be a one-time thing.

For the truth was that these things come easily nowadays. It's always a roaring battle when one decides to touch and stay entangled into one another, all of their limbs, hands, and lips. And if that was the consequence of being touched by Klaus, then she would want to stay at war forever.

It was a lie when Klaus thought to himself that what he was feeling was more than just lust intensified with alcohol. 

The truth was that what he had felt about Adria was deeper than just some liquor-fueled emotions. But perhaps he already knew that. It's possible that after all these years, he was finally listening to himself (and many, many others) and what they said about him and Adria. 

That they loved each other.

That love that others supposedly claim that the two have for each other is going to soon have to be convenient. Especially once they figure out that that night's activities led to something much more. Something that neither can say they expected. But then again, sometimes the best things in life are unexpected.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

an: im so excited for this book!!!