07

𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙫𝙨 𝙃𝙮𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙙

CARELESSLY THROWING ANOTHER ITEM IN HER BASKET, ADRIA ADDED TO THE GROWING MOUND OF GROCERIES IN HER CART

CARELESSLY THROWING ANOTHER ITEM IN HER BASKET, ADRIA ADDED TO THE GROWING MOUND OF GROCERIES IN HER CART. After being the first to wake up in the Mikaelson-Gunn household, Adria decided to be somewhat productive and do some much-needed shopping. So, the Heretic had left a small note on the fridge before heading out at the crack of dawn.

So far, her basket already contained different baby clothes for the twins (as if they needed anymore), various pregnancy craving snacks, and housewarming items for Rebekah and Erik's new house.

As Adria headed to the checkout register, she received many stares at all the things piled high in her cart, all of which she ignored. The teen working the register smiled warmly at Adria but internally groaned at the number of things that she would need to scan. It was 8 in the morning for god's sake.

"Lot of stuff to be buying so early in the morning," The cashier commented, before adding unnecessarily, "And all at once."

"I know right," Adria laughed fakely before glancing down at the cashier's nametag which read 'Grace.' "But lose the attitude Grace, they're not paying you minimum wage for your dull-witted remarks."

Grace's eyes widened at the bluntness of the woman before her and quietly continued scanning the items. While she did so, Adria felt another presence lurking outside the store. Adria inconspicuously looked over her shoulder out the store window to see the backside of shady figure quickly walking out of her sight.

Dumbass, Adria thought. Someone clearly forgot to tell him not to pick fights with a Heretic before 9 AM.

Adria quickly swiped Klaus' card and grabbed her newly purchased items and waltzed out the door. She dropped the groceries off in her car, but instead of driving back home, Adria decided to investigate the person following her.

For all she knew, it could be a vengeful witch who didn't get the memo from her hostile takeover a couple of days ago. If that happened to be the case, it would be rather simple for the heretic to make an example of the witch's stupidity.