01

The Universe

THE UNIVERSE WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS SOMETIMES

THE UNIVERSE WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS SOMETIMES. Most often that statement is preceded with a life-changing fact, whether good or bad, that was clearly unanticipated for the recipient. Continually, the universe likes to stir up drama and change the desired course for an individual and set them on a completely altered path. But if there is one thing the Mikaelson's and Gunn's knew about the universe, is that it fed off of their imminent tragedy.

If it wasn't vengeful enemies or unexpected threats, it was parents hellbent on witnessing their downfall. Either way, there was always something prohibiting them from feeling an extended amount of peace.

So when those short moments of tranquility were available, they did not hesitate to take it. Which is exactly what Adria did.

Adria was alone in the Mikaelson mansion whilst everyone else was off trying to stop Silas and find the elusive cure for immortality. To be frank, Adria did not want the cure. She had no intentions of becoming human. If anything she only wanted it so that one of her foes wouldn't try and shove it down her throat and kill her with it. But she rested easy knowing that Nik felt the same way and was out working hard to retrieve it.

So, naturally she decided that she would take a day and do nothing. She simply sat in the warm, bubbly water of her bath and acted as if the cucumbers on her eyes were benefitting her in any way.

It was calm and relaxing, something that the heretic hardly ever felt.

Sadly, that peace was, like always, cut short when an unfamiliar sound caught her attention. Removing the cold cucumbers from her eyes, she glanced around investigating the sound. To her surprise, a flaming letter appeared in front of her. Catching the letter before it fell into the water of her bath, she sighed dramatically, already pissed at whomever sent it.

Adria

My name is Jane-Anne Deveraux and I am sending you this on behalf of myself and the French Quarter New Orleans witches. We have important news regarding Marcel that we think you would like to hear. I suggest you come as quickly as possible.

Hope to see you soon,

Jane-Anne

Adria skimmed through the whole letter rather quickly but one word, a name, caught her attention: Marcel. She hadn't heard that name in what felt like centuries, after what she had thought was his unfortunate death.

Adria had the strong urge to drop everything and head straight to New Orleans to investigate this claim, but the better part of her brain told her that this was another elaborate plan from one of her enemies to lure her into a trap. So instead she called someone that she knew she could trust.

"Hello Erik," Adria said after her brother finally picked up the phone.

"Sister," he breathed rather heavily, "what do you want?"