02

You Finally Did It

IF RESTLESSNESS WAS A DRUG, CONSIDER ADRIA THE MOST INTOXICATED IN THE ROOM

IF RESTLESSNESS WAS A DRUG, CONSIDER ADRIA THE MOST INTOXICATED IN THE ROOM. Sleep evaded the original all night, which only allowed for the heinous thoughts that her mind produced to creep into the forefront of her head. Yet the sleep that Adria so desperately craved for never came. She chalked it back up to a couple of main reasons. 

Firstly, Klaus wasn't occupying the space beside her. It was a habit that the two picked up from their short time as humans that they never seemed to grow out of. She still remembers those nights where the two would sneak off into the meadow that connected their households and stare at the stars until they fell asleep, only to be scolded the next morning by their families.

Secondly, the rapid thumping of her child's heart. It was the only sound that filled Adria's ears and no matter how hard she tried to tune it out it always creeped back into her consciousness. It was an unfamiliar noise, one that she would no doubt get used to, but nonetheless prevented her from obtaining more than a seconds worth of rest. 

Crankily, Adria got out of bed, opening the curtains to let in the sunlight before picking out an outfit she knew wouldn't fit in a couple of months. Once she was completely dressed, Adria headed downstairs to where she could already hear Klaus making an absurd amount of noise.

"Nik you severely lack the ability to complete basic tasks without making your presence known to everyone," Adria states as she walks into the kitchen and sits on the stool at the island observing as Klaus fiddles with something in the fridge

Klaus turns to her, a smile already on his face, "And you severely lack the ability to not remind me of this every chance you get."

"I'm just making sure you know even though you clearly never change your obnoxious ways," Klaus sent her a fake smile before bending back towards the fridge, "What are you doing down there?"

"Restocking the fridge. I assumed since we would be here awhile that I might as well get this place in adequate living conditions."

Adria hummed, "And where is Elijah? He usually never misses the opportunity to reorganize things up to his high standards."