[002]

Rising Percentages

POV: 3rd Person

" Kawata-San... " Tsumugi said shocked, he helped her stand up. She started to stand on her heels. When did he get there? She thought. " You should be careful. That would've been a real bad fall " He said with his usual smile. " Oh... Right.. " She said.
" Why were you running? " He asked.

" Oh, there's um... there was a guy that was mean to my sister. I wanted to pay him back that's all. " She said embarrassed " Want me to get him back for you? " Nahoya asked.
" What? You'd do that for me? " She asked, taken aback. " Yeah. I've been itching to fight today. What did he look like? " Nahoya asked.

" Um... tall, and he had black hair that was short and choppy " She explained. " Okay I gotcha " He said before running off. The others run up to Tsumugi. " What did he just say? " Nozomi asked. " He said he'll go get him back for me... " Tsumugi said, blushing a little. " 26% " Inari said.

" When he said 'get him back' did he mean he'll beat him up or actually bring him? " Kayoko asked. " I dunno... Should we wait here and see? " Tsumugi asked. " I guess. Got nothing better to do " Minori shrugged. They stood there and after 15 minutes Nahoya returned dragging the beat up and bruised boy with him.

" Hey! Higuchi-San! This is the guy right? " He asked. " Woah he kicked his ass! " Kayoko said. " Hey speak up they can't hear you " Nahoya ordered lifting the guy up. " Sorry!! I'm sorry for offending you!! " He shouted, crying. Inari's eyes widened. " 32% " She said. " Wanna get your hits in? " Nahoya asked.

" N-no... we're alright... Thanks " Tsumugi said nervously. " Suit yourselves " He shrugged letting him go. The boy just ran off. " Anyways, I gotta go or I'll be late. See ya " He waved before walking away. " I wonder what he's gonna be late too " Minori said.

" It's his own business, we shouldn't pry " Tsumugi said. " If you said so. Anyways let's go some more Froyo since Tsumugi wasted all of ours " Kayoko said. " Alright I'll pay then " Tsumugi said.

•••

" Hey Nari... " Tsumugi said, walking across the edge of the sidewalk. " Yeah? " Inari asked. " Do you think it'll really work out? " Tsumugi asked.

" Right now, there's a 32% chance. In terms of grades that's an F. But in terms of amount, it's a lot. And, it could always rise. "

" I guess that's a good point. How do you come up with percentages? " Tsumugi asked.

" It's just calculating. First it was Zero. Then I heard him call you cute when his brother was talking with him so it rose to 17% if he thinks that of you. "

Tsumugi blushed.

" He thinks I'm cute? "

" Yes but that's not enough, since its obvious that you are cute. Anyways, then I guess you didn't see it but he purposely rushed up to catch you when you fell. So then it rose up to 23% "

" So that wasn't just a coincidence? "

" Nope. Then he offered to get the guy back. See, if he didn't care, he would've just said 'oh that sounds bad' and went about his day. But he didn't. So then it turned to 26 percent, and then to 32 because he went to beat him up and then brought him back to apologize to you. He cares, even if only a little "

" Wow really? "

" Caring isn't reciprocated feeling "