[010]

Planning Something

POV: 3rd Person

" They're so cute... " Moriko said. " He's lucky his hands are in the right place " Tomoe said. " How can this scrawny kid beat me up? " Kai asked. " What do you mean 'scrawny'? Look at those muscles. He'll definitely be able to protect our little Tsumu " Moriko said.

" I wanna touch his hair so bad! I bet it's super soft... " Momoe sighed. " We're taking Tsumu away forever... " Inari said, Nahoya's eyes scrunched up and he hugged her tighter. " So it's 10% " She sighed. " What was that about? " Kai asked. " Do you think it's like a cloud? " Momoe asked.

" Yeah, I thought your percentages were already done. Is this a new one? " Moriko asked. " Yes. The chances he will be a good husband and stay with her forever. He's sleeping but when he heard me say that we were taking Tsumu away he got protective of her. So 10% " She explained.

" Or maybe like one of those poodles " Momoe said. " Mom are you gonna start on breakfast soon? " Kai asked. " In just a minute... I wanna watch them they look so peaceful and cute " Moriko said. " Hey I just thought of this. Fo you think she'll start to hate us if we're too invested in her life? She is a teenager after all... " Momoe said.

" ....Breakfast is on the way Kai " Moriko said leaving. They all followed except for Tomoe who was still looking at the two. " Inari usually isn't wrong with her percentages so I'll put a tiny bit of trust in you with my daughter... You'd better take care of her kid " He said before walking out.

•••

Tsumugi's eyes opened slowly. She felt like she was wrapped up in something very warm. " Mmm... Nice... " She muttered, snuggling up to whatever was holding her. Then it dawned on her that something was holding her.
" Wha...? " She asked, she raised her head to look up.

She saw Nahoya and started blushing a lot.
" Nahoya-kun... " She said lowly. " Yeah? " He asked, making her face turn even more red.
" You're... Awake..? " She asked confused.
" Yeah, I've been awake for a while now. It was hard not to react to your family though " Nahoya sighed.

" My family... W-were they in here? " She asked. " Yeah. I think your sister really wants to touch my hair " He said. " Yeah... " Tsumugi said reaching up to touch his hair. It is soft... She thought. Nahoya blushed and hid his face in her chest. " Are you okay? " She asked.

Nahoya hummed in response. Tsumugi giggled. Even Nahoya-Kun gets shy sometimes I guess... She thought happily.

•••

" You kids have fun on your date! " Moriko waved at the two. Tsumugi was blushing and Nahoya was grinning as usual. " Hey kid take care of my baby girl! " Tomoe shouted. " I can't wait for Sunday though " Momoe sighed. " Yeah. And guess what dad? " Kai asked.

" What? " Tomoe asked. " We're gonna need to distract Tsumu and Nari so it's your time to shine " Moriko smirked. " Of course! We'll go on a daddy-daughter date like when they were younger " He said. " No you're part of the planning. " Moriko said.

" So... How am I supposed to distract them? " Tomoe asked confused. " Well their friend Tatsuki knows that a book signing is that day so she's taking Inari out. We all know Tsumu isn't the book reading type so of course she'd say no " Moriko explained.

" So how are we gonna get her out the house? Can we just kick her out? " Tomoe asked.
" Well there's someone else she can hang out with... Someone you've met recently " Kai said. " What? I'm pretty sure I met all her friends when she was younger... But if you call that recently... " Tomoe said.

" HER BOYFRIEND!! " They all shouted at him. " Jesus dad take the hint why don't ya? " Momoe sighed. " Her boyfriend? But what does that have to do with me? " Tomoe asked. " When he brings our Tsumu back, ask him to take her out on that day. " Moriko groaned.

" Oooooh... Wait why do I have to do it? Why can't you do it? " Tomoe asked. " Cooking " Moriko shrugged. He looked at his two oldest. " Shopping " Momoe shrugged. " Gotta talk my school into letting me stay home for a few more days " Kai said.

" Ahh Dammit! Alright I guess I'll do it " Tomoe sighed. Inari walks into the room.
" Oh hey Nari " Momoe laughed nervously. Hope she didn't hear what we were talking about... She thought. " Hey mom, I finished this book " Inari said holding it up.

" I just gave you that yesterday " Moriko said surprised. " I know " Inari said. " Go read Moby-Dick it's on my bed " Kai said. " I already read that one " Inari sighed. " Well read it again until I get you a new one from the library " Moriko said.

" Okay " Inari said walking back. " Thank god. I don't think she heard what we were saying " Moriko sighed of relief. " Hey Kai, I'm curious, why does a dumbass like you have Moby-Dick? " Momoe asked. " Wha— mom are you gonna let her say that about me?! " Kai whined.

" Don't call your brother a dumbass. He's in college " Moriko scolded before walking to the kitchen. " Bleh! " Kai said sticking out his tongue. " Daddy Kai's teasing me! " Momoe whined. " Don't be sad. Here take this and go buy whatever you want " Tomoe said handing her a credit card.

She sticks up her middle finger at him with a smirk. " Daddy's girl " Kai rolled his eyes.
" Mamas boy " Momoe retorted before going outside to get into her car. " Shut up Kai. I mean, it's not my fault I'm the cuter one out of us " She said annoyed.

Kai walked into the living room and sits next to Tomoe. " Hey Kai, why do you have that book? " Tomoe asked. " My roommates kind of a nerd. I put it in my bag by accident " He shrugged. " Hmm, makes sense " Tomoe shrugged.

•••

They were walking, eating ice cream. Nahoya had chocolate and Tsumugi had strawberry.
" Hey Nahoya-kun " She said. " Hm? " He asked. " I was a little worried that something bad would happen since my dad is so over protective, but it was really fun. Next time I wanna sleep over at your house " She grinned.

" Sure, you can come over any time " He said ruffling her hair.