[004]

Spies

POV: 3rd Person

Tsumugi and Inari met up with the others after school. " Do I have to go? " She asked.
" Yes! " They all said. " This is for you " Nozomi sighed. " It's still only at 39% so we have to do amen thing to raise it. " Inari said. " Shhh-Sh-Sh! Here he comes! " Minori said.

They all ducked next to the bushes, but peeked their heads out a bit to be able to see. Nahoya and Souya were walking somewhere, wearing matching outfits. " Huh? That uniform... " Minori said. " It's Toman I think " Nozomi said. " Are they in the gang? " Kayoko asked.

" Obviously if they're wearing the uniform! " Nozomi said, then they all shushed her. " Well that's good... " Nozomi smirked. They all turned to Tsumugi. " Wh... what? " She asked. " Oh you definitely have to make him yours now! " Nozomi said. " What? Why? " Tsumugi asked.

" Have you never picked up a book? The tier list for the top five types of fanfic boyfriends is Mafia, Gangster, Prince, Playboy, and Mysterious loner with an honerable mention for the enemy " Kayoko said. " You've got the second highest rank right at your fingertips! " Minori said.

" Can I please go home? " Tsumugi asked.
" No " Minori groaned. " How is it that I care about this the least? " Tsumugi groaned.
" Hello captain! " Someone said. They turned around and saw a boy greeting them, he had the same uniform on. " Are they captains? That's so cool " Minori said.

" Great. We found out what they do everyday after school can we leave now? " Tsumugi asked. " I wonder where they're going " Nozomi said, making Tsumugi groan. " Why don't we just stay out of their business? " She asked.

" But then it'll be boring. Please stop whining and just live a little. What's so good about not taking risks? " Minori asked. " Not dying " Tsumugi shrugged. " Lighten up. He's not gonna kill us. " Kayoko said. " Who knows. Maybe he will " Inari shrugged.

" Seriously, not the best time " Nozomi said, and Inari shrugged. " Shh let's go! They're moving! " Minori said, noting that the boys got onto their bikes. " ...Should we follow them? " Inari asked. " Yes " Tsumugi said.
" What happened to 'leave his private life alone'? " Nozomi asked.

" I got over it now let's go " Tsumugi shrugged. They all get up and go after them, but Tsumugi tried to slip away. Inari caught her though and they kept following.

•••

They followed them to the Musashi Shrine, but stopped outside of it. There were many boys arriving on bikes, they all looked scary.
" Okay, maybe this was a bad idea " Nozomi whispered. " Ya think?! " Tsumugi whisper shouted. " Well I wasn't planning on going this far. Also I didn't expect this. What should we do? " Nozomi asked.

" Run away. " Minori said. " What if they capture us and torture us because we know too much? " Kayako asked. " What? That could never happen! We literally know nothing. " Tsumugi whispered annoyed. " Not to them we " Nozomi whispered.

" Do you think they know we saw them a long time ago? " Souya asked. Mitsuya shrugged.
" Hey Nozomi, thank you so much for getting us killed. " Tsumugi whispered. " What how is this my fault? " Nozomi asked lowly.

" It was your idea to follow them in the first place. I said we should leave it alone but nooo. You wanna follow him and try to find out his secret to make me live out some weird book fantasy! News flash, life isn't a book. People keep secrets for a reason. " Tsumugi whispered.

" Inari what are the chances...? " Minori whispered. " Right now? 98 " Inari said. " And we'll be the ones to have to figure out how to get out of this situation " Kayako sighed. " It was our idea in the first place " Inari whispered. " If we make it out alive I'll kill you " Tsumugi whispered.

" Look Kawata's is right behind you " Nozomi said. " What? " Tsumugi jumped, then she nodded fainted. " Nozomi! " Kayako said hitting her. " What? She won't get us caught that way " Nozomi said.

" There's no way that they haven't already noticed us they're just not doing anything about it for god knows what reason. Second, she's dead weight now " Minori sighed. " We can go now " Inari said. " What? " Nozomi asked.

Inari pointed behind them to show that they all went inside the gates. " Wow, okay let's move " Nozomi said, putting Tsumugi on her back.

•••

They were sitting on the bench, with Tsumugi laying on Inari's lap. " If he noticed me, then my life is over " She sulked. " You've been like this for an hour can we please go home? " Minori asked. " You started it so you gotta deal with it " Tsumugi groaned.

" I wasn't even here when you guys made the plan " Minori said annoyed. " Hey! " Nahoya said walking over to them, Souya was right behind him. Tsumugi passed out once again. He made it all the way over to the scared group.

" Kill her first she's asleep she won't feel it! " Nozomi said. Inari smacked her on the head. " Ow! Fine it was my idea. I go first " She groaned. Nahoya started laughing. " We're not gonna kill you " Souya said.

" I will " Nahoya said. " He's kidding. " Souya sighed. " Why were you following us? " Nahoya asked, clearly annoyed. " It was Nozomi's idea. Actually I was the one who said we shouldn't do it. " Minori said. " You liar! You went right along with it! " Nozomi scoffed.

" Enough beating around the bush! " Nahoya shouted. " Sorry please don't kill me. " Nozomi said. " We can't exactly tell the reason though. " Kayako said. " Why not? " Nahoya asked. " Um... " Nozomi said. Playing matchmaker is hard... Minori thought.

" Because then I'll be breaking an important promise. " Nozomi sighed looking down at Tsumugi.

•••

" So you like him? " Nozomi asked. " Uh... Y-yeah... " Tsumugi blushed. " Want me to tell him? " Nozomi asked. " No!! No way!! I'll do that myself I just... I just gotta build up the courage " She said. " It would be easier for me tho right? Since I'm not shy about it. Also because I don't like him " Nozomi shrugged.

" Yeah but I wanna do it myself. It's not good to let others fight your battles. You'll get too used to being protected, and when they're not there you'll just be helpless. I wanna be able to fight my own battles so I won't be so dependent on others Y'know? " She asked.

Nozomi smiled and pet her head. " Okay I'll just be a good Senpai and cheer you on then " She said. " You're not my Senpai we're the same age! " Tsumugi said annoyed.

•••

" We were following you because she wanted to ask you a very important question " Inari said. They all looked at her shocked. " What's the question? " Nahoya asked. " I dunno she didn't tell us. She said she needed us there for moral support. She was trying to build up the courage to ask you the whole time but couldn't then we got caught like that " She explained.

" Yeah. I told her she should ask you after school, so we followed you and just waited for her to call for you but she never did " Nozomi nodded in agreement.