[007]

Jealousy

POV: 3rd Person

" Achoo! " Inari sneezed loudly. " Tsumu, please take care of your sister while I'm at work " Moriko said. " Huh? Okay " Tsumugi nodded. Tsumugi texted Nozomi to get them their notes. " Sorry... " Inari said in a nasally voice. " It's alright. I love taking care of you " Tsumugi smiled.

Inari sneezed once again, and suddenly Tsumugi appeared across the room." Don't worry... I'll take very good care of you, but I'm not getting sick so face away from me when you sneeze or cough " She said. Inari nodded with a sniffle. " Oh. Get better my poor baby " Moriko said blowing a kiss.

She kissed Tsumugi on the forehead though, and the left. " Now just... go back to your room and I'll make you some soup " She said. " Okay " Inari said walking up the steps.

•••

" Hey, It turns out we don't have enough ingredients for soup so I'm gonna go to the store. Do you think you'll be okay for about... 15 to 20 minutes? " Tsumugi asked. Inari nodded. " Yeah, I'll be fine " She said.

" Okay, take this night quill, and I'll be back before you wake up " She said handing her the cup that came in the cap. Inari sits up and drinks it, and gags afterwards. " I know, medicine tastes horrible. " She said.

Tsumugi takes the now cold towel and soaks it in some cool water and puts it on her forehead. " Be right back " She said, she placed her hand on Inari's forehead and kissed the back of it.

•••

Tsumugi hummed to Hotaru no Hikari while walking through the food isle. " What're you doing out of school? " A familiar voice asked. Tsumugi turned around to see her older brother. " Kai!! " She said excitedly hugging him. " Hey baby sis... " He smiled.

" I still wanna know what you're doing out of school " He said. " Inari's sick, and I'm taking care of her " Tsumugi explained. " What a good sister " He said petting her head. " Hey when did you get back from college? " Tsumugi asked.

" Actually I just got off my flight a few hours ago. I was stopping here to make a special meal for you guys when you got back but looks like that won't happen " He shrugged.
" Well now that you're here you can help me take care of Inari " She said.

" Wow. I just got back and you're already putting me to work " He sighed. " Yeah yeah whatever. You're an adult so act like it " She rolled her eyes. " Oh yeah I forgot to ask you a question " He said. " Shoot " Tsumugi said, placing some vegetables in her basket.

" What's this I hear about your boyfriend? " He asked. Tsumugi blushed. " I don't have a boyfriend! Did Momoe tell you that? " She asked. " So it's true? She told me about some boy named Noya or whatever " He said.

" First of all its 'Nahoya'. Second of all we're not dating we're just... friends. I haven't asked him out yet " She said. " Want me to go beat him up and make him date you? " Kai asked.
" No no!! Do not do that " Tsumugi said in a serious tone. " Why? You afraid I'll hurt the kid? " He asked.

" You just said you'd beat him up but that's besides the point. What I'm trying to say is that he'll kill you " She said. " What? " Kai asked. " He beat a boy to a pulp. The boy was way older and taller. He's super strong " Tsumugi said, in a slightly bragging tone.

•••

Nahoya sneezed. He sighed walking down the hallway. " What's up Kawata-San. You seem less cheerful... if that's even possible " Nozomi said walking up to him. " Higuchi isn't here. It seems like the day is pretty boring without her. I dunno why, but I really wanna mess with her " He sighed.

" Oh really? Well she is pretty fun to mess with " Nozomi said. Oh my god!! Is he missing her? I gotta tell Inari ASAP!! She thought excitedly.

•••

Inari sluggishly reached for her phone. When she read the message her eyes glint with shock. " 60% ack- ack- ack! " She coughed. A few minutes later, Tsumugi returns. " Hey!! Inari I've got a surprise for you! " She called. Inari wondered what it was.

" Bare with me, it'll be a bit. I'll show you you're surprise with your food!! " Tsumugi shouted. Inari just hummed, assuming Tsumugi knew what she said even if she couldn't hear which she did. After half an hour Tsumugi comes upstairs with a bed tray with a glass of water, soup and a spoon on it.

" Guess who's back...? " She asked. " Back again " Kai cheered walking in. " Welcome home " Inari smiled and said in a groggy voice. " Oh yeah you definitely are sick. Well, nothing a little rest can't fix. I'll be five feet away from you at all times for my own safety " He said walking out the room.

" He's a moron " Tsumugi sighed. " Hey Tsumu " Inari said. " Yeah? " Tsumugi asked. " It's 60% now. He misses you " She said. Tsumugi's face was almost as red as Inari's.
" You're lying... " She said. " Nope. Nozomi said he was complaining that his school day was boring without you " Inari explained before starting a coughing fit.

Tsumugi handed her the glass of water.
" Don't worry too much about me right now just focus on getting yourself fo be better " She said petting her forehead, Inari just nodded.

•••

" Why do you wanna hang out again? " Nahoya asked. " Because I need your honest opinion on something " Nozomi shrugged.
" On what? " Nahoya asked. " Tsumu of course. Now, we all know that you two went to hang out. But what we don't know is why " She said.

" I wanted her to ask me her question " Nahoya said. " Now I would believe you, if there weren't other and quicker ways you could've gotten it out of her " Nozomi said.

" See, you could've scared her into doing it. Even though you smile all the time I'm sure you're a terrifying person. Tsumu is easily frightened and startled whenever it comes to you and you had to have noticed it. Once when you looked back at her in class, and twice when she fainted after you came to confront us for following you. " She explained.

" So that leads me to believe that either A, you actually had other motives with that ramen date. Or B, you had other motives with that ramen date however you tricked yourself into thinking it was just because of the question you wanted. " Nozomi said.

Nahoya was about to say something but he saw Tsumugi and Inari walking with some guy he'd never seen before. " I'll kill him " He said. " What kill who? " Nozomi asked confused. " Who's that asshole? " He asked pointing to the three. Nozomi looked over.

" Oh that's Kai. He's Tsumu's big brother. He must've come back from college " Nozomi explained. Then she realized something, and grabs her phone immediately.

•••

Inari recieves a text on her phone from Nozomi. " What happened? " Kai asked. She looked and her eyes widen. " 85% Nozomi says he's jealous " Inari said. " What? Who? " Kai asked. Tsumugi blushed. " No he's not I bet she's lying! " She said. " Who's jealous? " Kai asked, annoyed that he's being left out of the loop.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Higuchi Kai(25)