A British Heart

Trixie sat in front of her mother's laptop and looked at the screen with sadness. Her little hopes and dreams were ruined as the sorrow of her heart yelped in pain. She cried softly as tears slowly surfaced, leaving her eyes with a glossy shine. She ran out the door of her room and accidentally pushed someone without intention. An apology escaped her mouth upon feeling the impact but her eyes never meet the other person's. She quickly fled and didn't turn back If she had turned, she would have realized that it was the young God himself. Lucifer was left puzzled in the middle of the hallway. Without thinking twice he went after her but found Chloe instead. " What's wrong with Trixs? She seemed troubled when we bumped in the hallway", he said with a worried tone. He was right to worry so as he was like a second father to the child. After all, he promised Daniel way before his death that he would look out for his child and Chloe if anything should happen to him. Now that same promise was forced upon his twin brother Michael. Chloe looked up at him with a bit of sorrow in her eyes but stirred her half filled coffee mug before taking a long sip. She felt bad for her daughter but she knew that this was a part of life and you can't always get your way. " She wanted to attend the Loki event this weekend in Pasadena but tickets were limited..", she said softly before her words were finished by the young God. "... and she didn't get a ticket... Well I'm afraid that this is something I cannot fix with money but I'll see what I can do", he turned round and headed for the door. " Where are you going? Aren't you going to have breakfast with us?", she asked from the kitchen counter. " No, have so many things to do back in heaven. I have to call an old friend in London and do a few miracles. Apart from the endless list of letters( prayers) I have to open and decide either to reply or disregard", he said with immediate exhaustion. It was mentally and physically exhausting just thinking of his birthright duties. What did he get himself into?

He flew back to heaven and spent the majority of his morning dealing with letters or as humans call them, prayers. Each letter magically translated to English if it wasn't in English already. Lucifer spoke every language but reading every language he did not. That is why he did that little trick to help move things along. By the time he was done reading each letter for a day in heaven, a few days have passed on earth and it was already Friday night in California, 9pm . " Oh no. That's what I've forgotten", he said to himself softly as he got off of his throne and stretched his back. He needed to sleep of course but this phone call to his old friend had to be changed to a face to face meeting. He hated to fly in unannounced but it couldn't wait any longer. The fly to London was longer than he wished but keeping his eyes open became a job in it's self. He was already flying into a building when the sound of Big Ben woke him from his spell. " Ahh!! (Hit the wall of the building and falls to the ground) WHO In HELL PUTS A BUILDING HERE?!", he said to himself as he rubbed his shoulder. Thunder broke out of nowhere and started a rainstorm. He groaned in announced at this because it sure wasn't the first time it happened. " Here we go again. When it's not hailstone, it's a lightning storm", he said to himself in defeat. His godly powers were still new to him and it still shocked him every time something like this happened upon his mood.

He decided to walk the rest of the way but the storm did no cooldown. Sure, hailstones no longer fell but the rain was cold as ice water. He walked for 6 miles before coming up to a lovely house. His eyes lit with joy at the sight and he knew his friend always had the kettle on for a nice cup of tea. Which he would very much need in his current state of shivers. Rain dripped from his wet hair as he approached the house. He knocked on the door loudly and waited patiently for the door to open from the other side. Just as his body felt drained of all energy, his body gave up on the young God and he fell unconscious upon the steps of the property. The wooden door opened to reveal a handsome English gentleman wearing a light green sweatshirt and some gray sweatpants. His blue eyes widened at the man he recognized as his friend; laying unconscious on his doorstep. He hurried down to him and looked him over but all he found was a badly bruised shoulder and a pulse. Without hesitation, he put Lucifer's arm around his shoulder and carefully brought him into the warmth sanctuary of the house. It took a lot of effort to bring him in but eventually he was able to bring the angel into his living room but not before removing him from all of his wet clothes. He left the young God completely naked as his clothes were wet enough that you could squeeze them and fill up a 6 quart bucket. He dried his body with a few towels and brought him over to a comfortable rug near the fireplace. Lucifer was wrapped in a nice warm blanket and his shivering became less. " Don't worry my friend. You'll be alright and you're healing nicely", said the actor as he looked at the hurt shoulder of his friend. After making sure he was comfortable, he turned his attention to tending  to the fireplace to keep it burning and placing the wet clothes in the wash.