More Than A Dream

Lucifer left earth and went to hell to save the ones he loved. Little did he know the huge gap that he had left behind. Cases pilled up and took longer to salve without his assistants. Crime scenes were dull without his comments and humor. LUX lost it's thrill, no matter it's high ranking popularity. It wasn't the same without him. Hell, life seemed difficult to live in without him. Chloe, Ella and Dan felt the leave of Lucifer every hard. Especially Chloe, she would throw herself into work but Dan and Ella both knew that she was hurting due to Lucifer's sudden disappearance. Maze on the other hand seemed to be taking it on, on everyone but she was hurting because she felt abandoned by the one who had promised to never leave her.

Chloe Jane Decker has suffered many losses. From the death of her father when she was a child but now she was facing a whole different loss. A loss that ate it's way into her soul and into her sanity. She was mourning the loss of her partner and love, Lucifer Morningstar. The fallen angel himself, the devil. Who, for the first time was taking responsibility and put his own needs aside to save others. He was completely selfless.

Sure, she should be proud of him and she was. Why wouldn't she be? But why would the world get in between her and him? Something always seemed to interfere, when they finally were getting somewhere with their feelings. She had tried her best to talk him out of going back to hell. Tried to convince him, to not leave her. For the first time they were on the same page but something had to get in the way of their happiness.

She would often go up to the Penthouse during her days off and look endlessly at the empty balcony. She often thought of Lucifer's words in her head, " I have to go back... I need to keep them contained. They must have a king". Tears left her eyes as remembered. King? King of hell. The place that he so much despised and hated. Her tears continued to fall as his words continued to repeat in her mind, " My first love was never Eve. It was you Chloe. It always has been". She touched her lips as she remembered their last kiss. His lips were soft and how gentle he was with her. That moment lasted only a minute until his last words, " Goodbye". She wailed for him and cried herself to sleep on his bed, which has preserved his sent.

Mazikeen would often keep her company as Chloe tried drowning herself in alcohol. She couldn't really deal with human emotions well. She was too busy drinking her sorrow of being left, away that she didn't become aware of Chloe's whereabouts. Chloe would sometimes go down to the club and have a few drinks at the bar. Ben always gave her free drinks on the house and knew her drinks of choice. A whiskey smash, A whiskey sour, Vergin Margarita or A Devil Margarita. She would also ask for plain Luci Whiskey or for some Jamaican Amber Rum. A part from being her server, they made small talk and true deep conversations but other from that. Nothing more, he was loyal to Lucifer and would never betray his boss's trust, unlike her when she tried to send him back to hell.

On her way out, a young man ententnaly squeezed her butt. She flinched at that and simply took a step back and stepped on his toes. Normally, she would stay for the night at the Penthouse after having a few drinks but this time she didn't. Her buzz was minor. Even when the cold wind hit her upon stepping outside. She was walking well but after a block her mind started spinning and her vision blurry. She felt someone was following her and turned back to find 5 blurry figures approaching her. She walked faster down a few more blocks but only found that the figures only got closer. She was scared because she could hardly see or walked properly now. She then made a turn around a corner and ran back to Lux. She stumbled a bit but that did not stop her. She reached the dark ally and spotted the door. She ran to it and started to yell, " Help! Ben! Maze!", but the door did not budge. There was no handle which meant the only way to open it is by the inside or punch in a code. She started punching in codes but nonworked. " No way to run. No way to hide blondie", the men yelled at her as they whistled.