The Devil's Bestfriend

Chloe and Lucifer were sitting in their patrol car on a stakeout. They were tracking down a killer and for that they needed their best Detective team to find them. It's had been 8 hours with no action. They had talked more about their relationship but always kept a close eyes to their surroundings. A patrol car would often stop by and bring them some substance. Such as food and water. Lucifer was expected took a short cat nap as they waited for something to happen and eventually something did. She shock his shoulder gently, " Lucifer!", she said in a loud whisper. He yawned a little as he opened his eyes and turned to face her. He then forced his eyes at the scene in front of them. A man had tossed an innocent you girl into the back truck of his car. Lucifer, without thinking took out his gun from his holster and pointed it at the man. " LAPD!", he yelled as he hid his body behind the door of the vehicle. The man got into his car but Lucifer was able to shoot out a bullet before the getaway. The bullet hit the man on the shoulder but he shot a bullet right back to Lucifer. The bullet hit the door as the man got away in his car. " Let's go Lucifer !", Chloe yelled out to him as he got back inside the car. Chloe stepped on the gas as Lucifer turned on the siren. The other cars made way for them as the hunt began. The chase was hot and intense, with lot of twists and turns.

Without warning, a car hit the and sent their patrol car spinning. The spine made them loose control and their car sent the killer car flying into another. Their patrol car was upside down and the first to gain consciousness was Lucifer. He felt hot blood running down his face but his worry was for Chloe. He unbuckled himself and he fell to his side. With his fist he broke the large window and proceeded to get Chloe out. Chloe slowly regained consciousness as her world stopped spinning. The killer had serviced the horrible rollercoaster and was making a run for it. " Go after him! ( he looked back at her in worry. Ready to protect but she silenced him with a kiss) I'll be ok. Just go!". He did as he was ordered and ran after the man as fast as he could, with minor limping along the way. The man ran into the history museum with Lucifer close behind. The inside was dark but not lock. Their was not guard on duty which didn't feel just right. He walked carefully around each corner and found nothing but anchaint history. Not as old as him but yet a few million years. He went around the corner and was attacked by the killer. A moist cloth was placed over Lucifer's nose and within seconds he lost consciousness. The cloth was damped with a chemical called Chloroform. Lucifer to the ground and lost the fight.

The killer could not stay too long but he also did not want any witnesses to blow his cover. So, he dragged his victim into one of the exhibit. Then went to find some prop repair and started to wrap Lucifer on old bandages, mummufying him from head to toe. Once he was done, he placed Lucifer inside the golden coffin and closed the casket with a large tum stone. His's work was done and made his get away in style, he stole Lucifer's clothes.

Back up arrived right after the killer had left the history Museum but was captured the next morning. From all the rush of last night, all people involved with that case were given a few days off. She called Lucifer put her calls did not go through. The department tracked his last phone location and it showed the history Museum. Upon arriving their, a search party was conducted to find him. Lucifer's jacket wa passed around to all the dogs, for them to begin their search. The dogs roamed around the exhibits but lost the sent around the same place in which Lucifer was attacked. He was not there but Chloe refused to give up. She went to the K9 unit facility to get a dog to help her. As a Detective it was curushal for her to find her parent even though the station called off the search. She was given a K9 Officer named Pepper. Pepper was a young, 2 year old german shepered who specializes in searching for people.

Chloe took Pepper to the Museum and held out to her Lucifer's jacket. " Ok Pepper. Search! ( she got the leash off allowed her to look) Please find him". Pepper smelled from the entrance and around each corner. Within the first 10 minutes of searching, Pepper picked up a small scent. She ran in circles while barking, telling Chloe that she had found something. Pepper ran down the hall and smelled around around the tum. The scent was small but there, she sat down and cried. " Pepper Where?", Chloe asked for clarification and Pepper touched the tum with her nose. Chloe patted her gently and gave her praise for work. Chloe pushed the tum stone off with the help of Pepper. She opened the coffin to find her partner/boyfriend wrapoed. She tore the bandages off of his face. Tears ran down her face as she called out his name and tapped his face gently with her hands but he was nonresponsive. She called for help and the paramedics were on their way. She then noticed his nonmoving chest and feared for the worst. She got him out of the tum and started giving him CPR but nothing worked. " No!... You can't leave me Lucifer. I... I love you. I've always have. Since the beginning of our partnership. Please... don't leave me". She layed next to him, holding him while help was on the way. Pepper tried licking him, nibbling him and nudging him lightly with her nose or paws but his body was lifeless.

Lucifer was rushed to the hospital and was shocked. His body jumped and arched without response. All the doctors gave up and were able to call it time of death when Maze kicked the door open. " Move a side!", she took the defibrillators and shocked him like crazy. She did not know how dangerous this was put she did not stop until she was rewarded with a heartbeat. " You are not leaving me! You promised that you wouldn't! Your not dying on my watch. Plus we all need you here", she said to him as she placed his oxygen mask on his face. Maze did not move from her spot by his side and Pepper often layed on his bed with her head to his stomach. Since that day, both Chloe and Lucifer avoided going to Museums and convinced Trixie to keep it out of her bucket list. After Lucifer was out of the hospital, they welcomed a new four legged partner into their partnership and family. They all knew that Pepper would be a valuable member of their Detective team.