Two Brothers

We all wear a mask to prevent others from seeing the truth. To hide our true feelings from everyone but there comes a time in which we must take off the mask and face the world without it.

" I don't know how to live with myself anymore Linda. It's been 10 months  and I can't....", the Detective cried into her own hands as she tried to let her feelings out. " You don't have to forget him Chloe. I'm sure he'll return once things cooldown. It might not be for another couple years or during our lifetime but he'll return. It is not easy to lose the one you love but I'm happy you came to me as soon as he departed. Cry all you need and let it all out", Linda put a comforting hand on hers and smiled softly. Chloe had cried for Lucifer for months and it was time for her to move on with her life. She could never accept another CC [Civilian Consultant] or allow herself to love another because she would forever love him but she would never forget him. His undoubted loyalty and honesty was something Lucifer owned. He would never cheat on her or lie to her face. Lucifer Morningstar was the boyfriend and husband that she had always wished for. Sadly, she might not live to see him walk the earth again. For it was him who kept her safely protected.

Back in hell, Lucifer was patrolling the gates with a young demon. She was just like Mazikeen but smaller. She was burly born when he had left for his vacation and stayed home when the rest of the demons disobeyed his orders. She hadn't been given a name for it was his job to name all demons. A name was a special thing, he named her Yara. The damon had earned that beautiful name for being so loyal, despite him not giving her a name the moment she was born. He trusted her just as he did with Mazikeen. She had proven her worth and bacame his number 3 demon. Lucifer walked down the path with Yara at his side, " She'll be fine without me". Yara simply listened and did not question. She knew for a fact that her master had found love on earth and maybe that was who he was referring to. They walked some more and Yara could see the tiredness in his eyes. The large dark circles under his eyes from lack of sleep. He hadn't slept since he had arrived and that concerned her. She knew that this would probably get her killed but she stood in front of him, blocking his way. " What do you think your doing?! Get out of my way, Yara!", his eyes burning with hellfire. She looked him in the eyes and did not back down, " Stopping you my king. You have to rest". The devil simply stared her down, now in his full devilish form. " Lucifer! I won't move, you need to rest and you know it. I vowed to protect you, even from yourself", the devil turned back into his angelic form but flew over her. He took to the air because he was too stubborn for his own good. She meant well but he didn't want to show any type of weakness, that's why he flew off. She was right, but his own pride didn't allow him to reconsider. Yara looked to the side and another demon nodded for her to continue. She took an arrow from her quiver and placed it on the hell-forged bow. She pulled it up to her chin and pointed it to her target, the devil's back. She hesitated a little, as she didn't want to hurt or kill him. With a steady hand she released the arrow and it flew swiftly across the air. Within seconds the devil fell to the ground and was in a deep sleep. "Get him to his room. I'll resume patrol", said a voice from the shadows. Yara simply bowed her head to him and obeyed his orders. A soft wind was felt from the distance, " I couldn't have done a better decision my self, Nathaniel", he turned to see Azreal. " Well, I did what had to be done. I've known him since his fall and he can be as stubborn as a goat sometimes", said the handsome demon with a charming smile. " He won't be too mad. You're his number 1 demon after all", was all that Azreal said before flying off.

Months after Lucifer left, Chloe started to see strange things. She would see him but then, he would be gone in seconds. As if she was seeing things but she could feel eyes watching her at any hour of the day. A week after her appointment with Linda, when she got a risky case. She did a stakeout in a closet of a house in which a robbery had occurred and if what Ella said was true that " the bad guy always goes back", then all she had to do was wait. She waited with her gun at hand and ready to act. The thieves entered the apartment and based oh their distancing footsteps. They was headed towards the kitchen when she took the opportunity to approach. This was truly a riskymove because she didn't have any type of backup and it was 2 against 1. " Freeze! LAPD!!", she said with her gun in front of her. The thieves let out a few gunshots at her but to their frustration, all they managed to hit was the wall and a few expensive plates. The plates cracked and fell as the bullet hit them. The Detective ducked and hid behind the counter, unknowing if this was it. Glass broke above her as she too, shoot in their direction. Suddenly someone started to whistle and everything stopped for a moment. Her fear washed away when she realized something. She had heard this tone before and with lyrics.  Could it be? Then a familiar British voice came right after, " Hello bad guys". Her heart skipped a beat at hearing his voice after so many months. She had only heard his voice by calling his phone and hearing his voice mail. Guns were twisted out of shape and useless. The thieves were thrown around the room and lifted and thrown once again as if it were nothing. The men let out a cry of pain as they were knocked unconscious by the final impact. The Detective stepped out of her hiding stop and her eyes softened, filled with happiness and tears. He stepped closer to her and asked if she was ok. She stepped closer to him without saying a word. " Chloe are you....", he tried to say before he was interrupted by her hungered kiss. Her hands grabbed his face as her lips met his. He immediately imitated her movements and kissed her. Despite his slight hesitation, Chloe believed that it was her Lucifer. If he dressed like Lucifer and  looked like Lucifer. Then it must be Lucifer.