Chapter 1

You were leaned up against the countertop, twirling your (H/C) (H/L) locks around your finger as you did, waiting for your breakfast to be ready.

The aroma of coffee beans brewing filled the kitchen where you were standing alone.

You glanced at the clock that was hanging just above your head. It was 7:15 AM, so you still had well over an hour to get to your school's campus.

You had zero intention of skipping classes. You had good grades and wanted to keep it that way. The same couldn't be said about some of your fellow peers.

You were currently wearing a red T-shirt that clung nicely to your figure. Your bootcut jeans accentuated your legs, and you wore some simple accessiories to top off your outfit of the day.

Turning off the stove, you plated the fried eggs and put it down on the kitchen table before walking over to the coffee machine and pouring some into your cup that had a scary image of (F/H/M) printed on it.

What could you say? You were a horror movie nerd through and through, loving every bit of what they had to offer.

You were alone in the house as per usual. Your parents were busy people but they loved you and were always there for you when you needed them.

After finishing your eggs and coffee, you put the mug and plate in the sink and headed over to the foyer where your bag was all prepped up and ready, waiting for you.

You lifted it up and slung it over your shoulder, opening the door and closing it behind you again to lock it and put the key under the mat.

It was a beautiful day. Not too hot but not freezing cold and the sky was cloudless, the sun beaming down on you while you began your walk towards Woodsboro High.

The school was about ten minutes away by foot from your house, which you were thankful for. It was a picture perfect small town school, old and charming with students coming and going, moving about.

Today, nothing seemed unusual, except for the six police cars, four new vans, flashing cameras and crowds of people. You could barely see the building itself because of the commotion.

You frowned, realizing something big must have happened. Four different reporters stood in front of four different cameras all giving different news reports.

You moved past a policeman standing guard. With your interest peaked, you stopled at the very first reporter you saw; the one and only Gale Weathers.

Her smart face was overshadowed by a flashy smile and a massive mane of chemically enhanced hair.

The sight of her made you internally cringe and you weasled your way through the crowd to find your usual group of friends who were in the same spot as always, lounging around at one of the many stone fountains spread across the campus.

Sidney and Tatum, along with their incredibly handsome boyfriends, were occupying any place on and in front of it.

"Hi guys," you waved your hand up as you approached and stood next to them.

Billy Loomis sat next to his girlfriend Sidney, one arm draped over her while his shoulders were hung low.

Billy's hair was slicked back and damp as if he had just taken a shower, but his caramel bangs still managed to stick out in front of his face, giving him the typical bad boy look.

He was wearing a light outfit; a white T-shirt, a pair of blue jeans and black Converse.

Billy was your star quarterback/class president type of guy, all in all, a guy every girl dreamed of having but couldn't get and although finely attractive, there was something significant about his aura that made him almost intimidating.