Epilogue

The cold of the night gave you more reason to draw closer to each other for warmth, but you didn't have a person to comfort you any more. At least, not the way they did.

Your heart felt like it was being choked.

You were currently sitting outside, feet dangling off the back of the ambulance. People, officers and first aid helpers alike, were scurrying all over the place.

The first ambulance had taken Randy and Dewey to the hospital along with Gale Weathers. You were glad they survived of course, but there was not an ounce in your body that felt anything close to happiness.

You had your red, glossy eyes set on the street in front of you, not paying any attention to the commotion going on around you.

A cold ghust of wind sweeping over your body made you shiver, even with the shock blanket wrapped tightly around you.

It was going to take a while before your parents were going to arrive since they had been to a faraway state, but when the Sheriff rang them up, they dropped everything and immediately started the drive back to Woodsboro.

You glanced up at the sky. The thick layer of clouds had completely vanished so you could see the moon hanging in the sky in all its glory, basking everything under it in a glow.

You didn't have the strength to form coherent words, hell, you doubted you even had the strength left to stand.

You were oh so exhausted. Not just physically, but mentally as well.

Pressing the heels of your palms over your eyes, you sobbed quietly.

Billy Loomis and Stu Macher had been straight up lunatics but you understood that their obsessive love for you was genuine.

And now they were both gone. How were you supposed to cope with that?

People would probably send you to a mental institution if they knew you were crying over two psychopaths.

You could barely tell up from down anymore, your emotions all over the place. Did you love or loathe the two? Not that it mattered anymore.

Peeling your eyes back open, you watched as yet another stretcher rolled out of the house with a black, plastic bodybag on it.

That could have been you. You easily could have been one of those poor souls. Yet you weren't.

They let you live.

You couldn't imagine what heartbreak their families must go through.

You felt like you were about to pass out. Even the aftermath of this shitshow was intense and your entire chest ached like you had jagged glass through it.

You sat up straight, letting your grief stricken face rest in the palms your hands.

No matter how much you tried, their lovesick faces and words just wouldn't fade from your mind. You were seeing things much clearer now and were able to connect the dots.

You should have known that all this time, they weren't just being friendly with you. The clues were there all this time, right under your very nose.

You were already dreading the news reporters that were going to flock you like seagulls. Tomorrow you would give the police your statement.

With Sidney gone and Billy Loomis revealed to be the actual killer of Maureen Prescott, there was a big chance that you were going to have to meet Cotton Weary in her stead.

After all, you were the only one of the four people in that room that lived to tell the tale of what truly happened.

The sound of boots stepping on gravel into your direction made you stare at the individual nearing you.

It was one of the police women. The little pin clipped on her beige uniform read 'Jenny'. She had a pretty smart face and blonde hair tied up in a ponytail that stuck out from under her hat.

She was wearing a disturbed expression on her features but greeted you kindly nonetheless. "Hello, (Y/N). Is it alright if I ask you a question?"

You nodded numbly as the female officer glanced back and forth between you and the clip board she was holding between her hands.

"Their names were Billy Loomis and Stuart Macher, correct?"

Another nod.

There was unmistakable confusion and concern glowing in her eyes as a line appeared between her brows when she frowned.

"Is there... Something wrong?" You asked softly, pressing your lips together to hide their trembling as the corners of your sad eyes creased with a forced smile.

Jenny swallowed, focusing back on you, sounding like her next sentence burnt her tongue as she said it.

"Neither of their bodies were found."