Chapter 16

Rain came down so hard it almost hurt, stinging the skin and blowing into the eyes and nose and mouth of whoever would wander across the streets at this time.

It was a soaking wet and cloudy Thursday evening.

A man in his mid 50s was pacing back and forth inside his bureau inside the school Woodsboro High, humming a random melody to himself.

He held a rather displeased and bored look over his face. Surely he had better things to do with his time than stay around at an empty campus?

He moved to the closet door that's directly next to the entrance to his office.

Damn...

Pulling it open, the door revealed a mirror hooked inside.

He took out one of the spooky masks he had confiscated from the pranking students and tried it on, pulling the plastic over his aged face and stared at his reflection.

*Knock*

A knock at the door stopped him. Ashamed, he tore the mask off his head and turned his attention to the office door before opening it.

There was only an empty hallway greeting him, not a single soul in sight. The school's Principal poked his head into the outer office area and looked around. "Anyone there?"

The place was eerily quiet and only his voice boomed through the corridor.

A little suspicious he shut the door again, catching his own reflection in the closet's mirror. Startled, he placed his free hand on his chest, catching his breath.

Jesus, even he was jumpy.

*Knock*

Two seconds later, another knock at the door came. Himbry grabbed the doorhandle quickly, this time harshly throwing it open but again, there was no one there.

Determined to catch the prankster, the man fully stepped out, only to get the same result. The overhead lights had been turned off and the hallway was now not only deserted, but dark as well.

He looked up and down the corridor. The only thing he spotted in the distance is a janitor pushing a broom and sweeping the floor.

Heaving a sigh, the Principal re-entered his bureau and moved over to his desk, when he saw the closet door now shut.

This made him pause. He had left it open, hadn't he?

He shifted uneasily, reaching out for the door knob, slowly pushing it open.

Empty.

Himbry stood still for a moment and nervously pushed it shut again, thinking someone could have been standing behind it.

"Jesus Christ. I'm going to give myself nightmares."

He shook away his jitters and continued forwards to his desk, back to the stack of papers that needed to be finished and signed.

A ghost face masked figure lunged from behind him suddenly, razor sharp knife in hand.

Himbry spun around but he was too late; the blade of the weapon wildly jabbing into his stomach one, two, three times. Red body fluid spilled out from between the man's fingers who was now desperately wobbling towards the door, grunting in pain.

For a few moments, Ghostface did nothing but simply gaze at the man, soaking in the sight of his victim struggling for his life.

Then, his one fabric-covered arm shot forward, grabbing Mr. Himbry by the collar and yanking him backwards with so much force the poor man's head slammed right against the desk, and he went down.

The killer kept still, towering above the deceased body with his head tilted to the side as the fresh blood dripped from the blade and onto the floor.

-

It was 9:38 when you decided to get out of bed and started getting ready for the day.

Almost two weeks had passed since you had last seen Billy or Stu. Not that you were complaining, but even though your opinion on Stu being an insensitive imbecile hadn't changed, you missed his presence. Both of them, for that matter.

On the other hand, Tatum was with you nearly every single day, ever since you rang her up about the pictures. She fully believed you had a stalker now and barely left your side.

She didn't know about your fall out with her ex boyfriend and honestly, you wanted to keep it that way.

It was for the best if she didn't know about you and him having shared more than just a hug, let alone your feelings for him.

It was a cold morning. Frost settled on the window frames of the houses you passed. You rarely went for morning walks, but it was a good way to ease your mind.

Halloween was in two days, after all. And with that came the party. You had considered not going, but with Sidney and Tatum present, you figured you might as well still try to enjoy yourself.

Your outfit of the day consisted of a fluffy white turtle neck with black skinny jeans and white Converse. You had your hair up, the loose (H/C) strands falling out framed your face almost perfectly.

As you were walking, you slowly felt your worries and anxiety fading. Your feet strud out in a joyful rhythm as you set out into the direction of the park, knowing there was a nice walking path there.

You could hear the chirping of the birds that were flying from one tree branch to another as you strolled into the nearly empty park.

After an hour of aimless walking, you changed your course to the costume shop not very far away.

The bell jingled above your head upon entering the store. Straight away you were met by hundreds of brightly coloured outfits everywhere you looked.

From witch costumes to hotdog suits, literally everything you could think of was in this shop.

You picked one that stood out to your eye and went into one of the dressing rooms at the back of the store. Once you wormed yourself into the outfit you selected, you checked yourself over in the mirror.

Not bad.

It was a delicate, short white dress that reached just above your knees. The open back had angel wings over it and to top the outfit off, it came with a fluffy halo as well.

You'd also brought a pair of cute, white shoes to go with it and it matched perfectly.

After scanning your items and leaving the store again, you couldn't help but wonder what Tatum and Sidney would be dressed as.