Chapter 10

Your eyes sprang wide open, your chest heaving with frantic wheezing. Your forehead was covered in sweat and you felt sick again.

Blinking the sleep away, your gaze wandered around your room to your small alarm clock as your vision sharpened into focus.

11:34 AM.

It was Thursday today so you thought about not going to school tomorrow either, but then again, you didn't want to fall behind too much.

You sat upright and yawned. As expected, you barely slept tonight. All you could see was Ryan's pleading face.

And now he was the third victim in a senseless bloodbath. How many more were going to follow?

You didn't want to know.

You sat there for a hot minute and felt your eyes well up again, tears spilling down. Once again, you were overwhelmed with guilt and once again, you couldn't handle it.

You buried your face into your pillow for God knew how long until you heard loud knocking coming from downstairs.

Huh, who could that be? Your parents had to be at work by now.

Hesitantly, you wrapped your hair into a bun and made your way downstairs to the door where you waited longer than necessary.

Your dad had installed new locks on pretty much everything after you got attacked.

Unlatching the chain and the rest of the locks, you nibbled on your bottom lip and cautiously pulled the door open.

The first thing you heard was Stu's sing song voice. "Guess who's stuck with good ol' Stu! Oww! Fucking hell, Billy...."

Billy rolled his head back. "Do you have to try to be an idiot all the time or is it some secret talent?" He then looked back at you. "Can we come inside?"

Your eyes still burned from the tears but you instantly leaped forwards to hug the two boys standing in front of you. They hugged you back, gently pushing you back inside and closing the door behind them.

"We heard what happened."

"Y-you guys..." You lifted your eyes to meet theirs. They shone with concern and adoration. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?"

Stu's fingers laced with your own and he tugged you into the direction of the living room, sitting down on one of the couches before pulling you on his lap.

Billy strolled behind and slouched himself on the other couch, one leg crossed over the other as he chewed on a piece of gum. His shirt was half unbuttoned so you could see a small fraction of his chest.

"Nah," Billy shook his head, eyes tracing over you. You were astounded he was here as well— his grades and reputation at school were extremely important to his father.

The corner of Stu's lips quirked up. "You're way more important than school."

These boys... They always put you first, didn't they?

You felt your skin burn in a pleasant way when Stu cupped your face to wipe your tears away. You nuzzled into him. His warmth was so comforting it made you cease crying in no time.

"Oh!" Stu snapped his fingers in sudden realization. "I brought somethin' you'll love."

You raised your eyebrow quizzically as he effortlessly lifted you off him and onto the cushions telling you to wait, so you did.

When he re-entered the living room, you saw him carrying a white, plastic bag. Curiously, you peeked into it when he put it down to see heaps of VHS tapes inside.