Chapter 4

You literally had to force yourself to go to school the next day.

You were devastated. Not only did you get nearly killed, but the person responsible for it was your boyfriend no less.

As it turned out, the mobile phone he had on his persona has been proved to be the one used to make calls to your house that fateful night.

Yeah, Ryan was in jail now.

Tatum didn't leave your side, though.

Right now, you were in the back of Dewey's police car, stepping out.

You had already prepared yourself to get bombarded with questions from various news outlets, but didn't expect them as soon as you took one step away from the car.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N) (L/N)!" A woman with black hair and a blocky microphone in her hands ran up to you and Tatum.

"Gale Weathers. How does it feel to be almost murdered?" She inquired in that irritating little voice, delivering the question as if she was merely asking someone how their day went.

You grimaced at the question and took a menacing step closer. "You want to know what it feels like?"

In a blurred and unexpected instant, you brought your first forward and smashed it hard into Gale's face. The hard impact made her fall to the pavement, holding her bleeding nose.

You gritted your teeth. "Next time it's going to be a brick!"

A male voice made itself known and you peered back at Stu who casually meandered your way with an uncharacteristically hard stare directed at the woman who was busy picking herself back up and brushing the dirt off her clothes.

Tatum beamed at you with pride while you were still cooling off, your knuckles a bit red and stinging from the hit. Somehow, you had this notion that wasn't the last you've seen of that woman.

Stu's arm wrapped around your waist and he tugged you away from Dewey and Gale, toward the entrance of the campus with his girlfriend to your right.

You smiled sadly at the thought of them acting like your own personal bodyguards.

Once you were near enough to the entrance, Billy and Sidney came into your view who instantly looked your way.

Sidney came hurrying at you, hugging you tightly as she did so.

"Jesus (Y/N)," she breathed before pulling away, "Are you holding up?"

You nodded, hoping the smile was convincing enough. She seemed to buy it but not all of your friends did. Stu and Billy examined you while you were trying to avoid eyecontact.

Tatum exhaled. "Sidney, you and I have to go to History," then she turned to you. "Let me know straight away if you need anything, okay? Doesn't matter what it is."

"Same goes for me," Sidney brushed your hand with her thumb and started stepping into the direction of the doors. "We'll talk to you later, (Y/N)."

"Later," you nodded their way, turning to look up at Stu who had this adoring and concerned sparkle in his eyes.

"Wanna talk 'bout it?"

You looked down to the ground and shook your head to fight the upcoming tears, but not sooner you felt a gentle finger tilt your chin upwards.

Billy's puddles of brown bore into your own with a softness you'd never seen them hold before, his deep voice rolling out of his mouth like butter.

"C'mon, babe. Let's sit down. Looks like you need it."