CHAPTER 12

"My body injuries will heal faster than the wounds inside my heart."

"Good morning, Miss Lawrence! How are you feeling today? Did you sleep well last night? By the way, Mr. Cojuangco is here today. He's the personal assistant of your parents.", Dr. Abott said.

"For the first time, I slept like a baby. I had no nightmares at all and I felt that the pain was slowly going away little by little. I think it's because of the medicine you gave to help me, Doc.", I answered honestly and then looked at the unfamiliar man beside him.

"Nǐ hǎo, niánqīng nǚzǐ. Wǒ de míngzì shì, Lee Mari Cojuangco. I already told your parents that you regained consciousness. They were both happy but upset because they couldn't immediately travel back. They're currently in the middle of an important business deal in London. As for your siblings, your older sister is participating in a school donation program in Jamaica for 3 months and then will have another 3 months in Cuba. Your younger twin brothers were taken care of by your grandparents in Canada. Sa akin na lang muna ipinagkatiwala ang pag aasikaso sa iyo."

"Sorry but I still cannot remember anything. Could you tell me more about my family? Pwede ko bang makita yung pictures nila?"

"The doctor told me that you are experiencing traumatic amnesia. Don't worry, you can ask me anything. About your parents, you called them Daddy Kale and Mommy Mika. You also have a 10 year old sister, Erica, and 6 year old twin younger brothers named Cedar and Ren. About school, I'll process the necessary documents once your Doctor permits you to resume your studies. You'll still be able to graduate on time.", Mr. Lee said and then showed me some pictures of my family on his mobile phone.

Their faces looked familiar to me and I could tell that we were all close before but what is this I feel? Like I'm still missing something about me.

"What about my memories? How can I recover them, Doc?", I asked Doctor Abott.

"Your memory loss resulted from a hard blow on your head. Usually, this is only temporary but it normally depends on how much trauma you had. Your mind rejects thoughts and feelings that you're too overwhelmed to handle, blocking all the information you need. But, this doesn't affect your intelligence or general knowledge, you can still understand written and spoken words and still have skills such as playing instruments. It can also be helpful to be with your family and friends to recall some of your memories before the accident. We'll also book a psychotherapy appointment for you."

"Your doctor said you can go home today. We already hired a private duty nurse who will take care of you at home. Your doctor will check up on you every weekend and we'll start your physical therapy once the bandages are removed.", Mr. Lee added.

"How about my nightmares, Doc? I'm scared to sleep! Can you give me some medicine like last night?"