Chapter 8: 30 Days

30 days went as fast as a blink of an eye as the Braves won all six of their games. All of their opponents had made the playoffs other than the Bobcats, who had a substandard record of 13-57 record, the bottom of the whole league. The Braves were now at a strong 7-1 record but were only the second seed. The Penguins were still the strongest team, at 8-0. At this rate, they'll break their own record. In the thirty days that had gone by since the win against the Leopards, Lex had made another chart for statistics.

           Michael   King   Carl   Jake    Carter

PPG   21.6         20.6    15.3     10.4     6.8

APG    5.1          2.2        3.8        10.7    5.4

RPG    7.3           5.1         2.2     2.4      6.7

SPG  0.4           1.2            0.9   3.1       0.1

 BPG 0.8           0.5            0.1    0.1     2.1

 FG    42.1%    40.6%   53.3%  34.2%  31.1%

Though everyone had lowered their stats compared to last year, it was really worth it because in total they averaged about 75 points a game together, which was really something to be proud of. They knew that it wasn't enough, though, because their previous opponents had so far all been from the Southern Conference. Their next three matchups would be against teams in the Northern Conference. The Northern Conference had always been "stronger" than the Southern Conference. Many of their players eventually became NBA legends while the Southern Conference has only produced All-Stars. By comparison, though, the Southern Conference has 10 more championships than the Northern Conference. It is fair to say that the Northern Conference is stronger overall, though, because their worse record would probably fit into one of the top ten out of the Southern Conference's thirty-two teams. Thus, whenever a Southern Conference team plays one of the thirty-two Northern Conference teams, they would always chant "Beat the North!". Even in the playoffs, after their own team was eliminated before the Conference Finals, the Southerners would always chant "Beat the North!", hoping that the team which had eliminated them would beat the Northern Conference in the Finals for them. The first game against a Northern Conference team would be against the Arrows, who were a playoff team in the Northern Conference last year. The Arrows had made it to the Conference Finals, only to be swept by the Stars, who would face the Penguins in the Finals. It would be a tough journey for the Braves, but it would also be satisfying to win these games.