Chapter 13: All-Star Weekend (1) : Day 1!

After 20 more games, the Braves were at a decent 25-6. Third in their conference, fifth in the whole league. It was now the All-Star Weekend, and the team would be going to the Penguins' home court as it was a tradition that last year's champions would host the All-Star Weekend. Of the whole team, King, Michael, and Jake had been chosen as All-Stars. Carl had been invited to the Three-Point Contest and Carter had decided to participate in the Skills Challenge. Everyone was excited, as this was a once-a-year event. It was like a battle of gods. On Saturday, there will be the Dunk Contest, Three-Point Contest, Skills Contest, HORSE Contest and the Coach Game. On Sunday, there will be the three Audience and Player 1v1 games, the Veterans VS Rookies game, and the All-Star Game. The Penguins had a large stadium with over 50,000 seats, but it did not seem enough to contain the fans' excitement. The Braves spotted their "section", which was kind of like assigned seating, and walked towards it. As they walked, they passed by the Mares, and Z Greyhen Jr waved. Z had also been elected to the All-Star Game, but as a reserve.

" 'lo."

Michael was the head of the line, as he was the captain. He responded in a casual tone.

"Yo!"

They headed towards their bench, and sat down. The Dunk Contest began, with four participants like usual: Dennis Grant and Scott Hayes from the Penguins, Timothy Reed of the Arrows, and Steve Mrett of the Sailors. Dennis was the favourite, as he was 2x Dunk Contest champion. It would be the first time that Scott would be participating and the same could be said for Timothy and Steve. In the first round, Dennis did a windmill dunk to get 47/50, Scott did a free-throw line dunk for 42/50, Timothy did a 360 dunk to get 44/50, and Steve did an alley-oop for a whopping 50/50. Steve won the second round and became the Dunk Contest Champion. The Three-Point Contest was the most popular contest this year for most of the people who played ball on the streets as Carl Allen would be in it, representing them. People had always wondered what would happen if he was in the Three-Point Contest up against Dillon "The Arsenal" Reales, the best three-point shooter last year, with 234 three-point field goals made.

-30 Minutes Later-

Dillon Reales stomped the ground in frustration as he lost to Carl Allen. In the first round, Dillon had made 18/20 of the three-pointers while Carl Allen only had 15/20. In the second round, leading 18-15, he made 16/20 of his threes, so he had a final score of 34/40. Unfortunately for him, Carl was on fire. Carl made 20/20 three-pointers to beat him with a score of 35/40. It looked like for the rest of his life, Dillon would be known to have lost to a street kid. In the Skills Challenge, Carter made it to the final round before slipping on the floor, losing to Terrence Larcek of the Sailors. Oof. On the positive side, Carter only had a minor injury which he would recover from in a few hours. In the HORSE contest, Fabio LeVasagne won with HORS against Lars Leonard's HORSE. In the Coach Game, Team Auerbach won with Coach Auerbach scoring fifteen points, as he used to be a member of the national team and was a leading scorer. It was an amazing day and surprisingly noisy too, for an average All-Star Game.