Chapter 20: Your Time Has Come, Superman!

Before they went back on court for the second quarter, the Gators put Carter back on. Their new objective was to keep the score close until the third quarter, where they would switch Akira for Carter and try to build a lead. Containing Jevon would be very important in achieving this goal. Akira started warming up by playing Fortnight Mobile.

Coach Auerbach usually would not allow it, but knowing that playing games relaxed him, Coach just let it happen. On the court, Michael had just passed the ball to Jake after crossing half court. Jake slashed to the rim and laid it in.

20-17.

Jevon passed the ball to Dario, who passed it back to him as they dribbled towards half court. The moment Jevon passed half court, he was immediately double-teamed by Michael and Carl. He had no choice but to pass to M.D. Poltor, who would be blocked by Carter when he tried to make a hook shot. M.D. was upset when there was no foul call, as it seemed like Carter had fouled him. After using the instant replay, the referees gave the Gators possession, but there would be no foul on Carter. Gators' ball. M.D. would inbound it, but since Jevon was double-teamed by Jake and Carter, M.D. had no choice but to pass to Dario with 5 seconds on the shot clock. Dario attempted a hook, but was blocked by Michael.

"Hello!!!! That is what Michael Walter just said to Dario!" were the announcer's words. Michael threw the ball to King, who quickly made a three pointer after crossing Harry Lund over. 20-20. Harry brought the ball to half court before passing to Jevon for some ISO. Jevon couldn't, though, as he was double-teamed again, but he quickly passed to an open M.D. Poltor for a three.

23-20. It went back and forth like this for a few possessions until it was already 40-38, Braves lead. If not for Jevon's abilities, the Gators would have been facing a worse situation. Jevon was carrying, with 20 points, 6 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks already in the first half. When the clock buzzed, the second quarter ended and the score was 42-41, Braves lead. Coach Auerbach looked towards the impatient Akira and told him, "You are going to play the whole third quarter, Akira. We need you to build a steady lead for us. Superman, your time has come!" Akira nodded and started warming up as Coach Auerbach reviewed the strategies.