#2

hers; what once was | don't play yet

the bus arrived finally, you got on putting your bus pass on the scanner. the blue pass slipped into your tote once you finished, eyes scanning the bus for a seat near the back preferably next to a window. not being able to find one ruined your mood a bit but there was a pole and loop near the window, your hands reached out holding the large yellow loop as the bus bounced.

the song playing in your ears had just finished. you searched through your library for a new one, pressing play on what once was by hers. slowly rocking your head to the beat of the music. the song calming you as you thought about everything that happened again. feeling a little bit better looking at the scenery outside of the window, staring at stop signs and street lights dozing off.

when all of a sudden the bus stopped snapping you out of your trance. everyone being sent forwards then backwards at a fast speed. you tried to catch your balance but ended up falling on the ground. the stuff falling out of your tote bag rolling around the bus, a lady to your left handed passed you the carmex that fell out.

you thanked her and grabbed the rest of your items still kneeling on the ground. once everything was back in place, you got ready to stand up when a man came up to you. he wore a black mask, a zip up hoodie that covered his head, and nike sweatpants matching with his black crocs. his indigo eyes not leaving yours as he reached his hand down towards you. you took his hand which was warm and soft and then got up.

you wiped the dust off of your behind and took a better look at the mysterious man in front of you. even though you could barely see his face you were still hooked or should i say interested in him. you stopped staring at his outfit and decided to start a conversation with him,"hey stranger," he said first

"hey stranger, thanks for helping me out back there," you replied

"you're welcome," he said slightly pulling down his mask to flash you a smile

one couple sitting down reached their stop and got off. luckily it was a window seat. the both of you walked. to the back and took a seat,"so, stranger what's your name," he said

"oh my name is y/n," you replied smiling showcasing all of your teeth

"whats your nam-" you added before you were cut off

"is that her's that you're listening to right now?" he asked raising one eyebrow

"yeah it is you know them?" you asked smiling while clearly excited

"yeah, i do can i listen with you??" he asked smiling also excited

"yeah here," you said handing him your other airpod

eventually the best part of the song played 2:48. the both of your feet taped the floor as his did the same, bobbing your heads up and down to match the tune in your ears. forgetting about everything that happened earlier. you smiled at eachother turning to stare at the scenery. everyone else getting off of the bus one by one. outside getting darker and darker as you and the stranger listened to your playlist.

my kind of woman now playing as your hands found their way into his as you watched the scenery changed. suddenly the stranger handed back your airpod, pulling his mask back up,"it was nice meeting you y/n, hope to see you again."

you looked over at him as he slid out of the seat," it was nice meeting you too, hope to see you again."

he slid through the door when you remembered something.

remembering the fact that you didn't get his name earlier, you waved your arms up and yelled,"HEY, WAIT STRANGER, WHATS YOUR NAME!" by the time you finished your sentence he was already off of the bus. you arrived back at the bus stop and hopped off thanking the driver. the whole time you were walking home all you could think about was the stranger. you finally got home hanging your hoodie on the coat hanger and throwing your keys onto the counter.

walking to the room, undressing throwing your clothes into the hamper acting like you were playing basketball. leaving the room to the bathroom next door, turning on your bluetooth speaker, what you heard by sonder booming in the bathroom as you showered. you finished and moisturized your skin slipping on your bonnet thinking of the stranger on the bus and places to move to as you drifted to sleep.

 you finished and moisturized your skin slipping on your bonnet thinking of the stranger on the bus and places to move to as you drifted to sleep