Part 8 - Turn of Events

"Get your hands off my hair!" I groan as Loki slams me into the floor by my hair.

He pulls me off the ground and pulls me into him, holding me by the base of my hair. "Oh, but it's just too fun to pull."

I kick him in the gut before grabbing his hair and slamming him to the ground. "Not as much fun as that was," I smirk as he pulls himself to his feet.

"You're going to regret that," he states, dramatically throwing his hair back out of his face.

I swiftly punch him. "Make me."

He kicks my shin and I stumble back. He reaches out to push me over, but I catch his arm and use it to stabilize myself before pulling him past me and slamming him into the wall. I run at him and punch him, but he catches my fist before it can collide with his face.

"You know, it'd be a shame for you to mess up these stitches so quickly," he quips.

"Oh, is that so?" I settle for backhanding him on his uninjured cheek.

He rolls his eyes. "You're not big on empathy."

"Says the man responsible for the deaths of a sizable chunk of New York City's population," I scoff as I grab him by the collar and toss him across the room.

He catches himself and turns back to me, lunging for me and catching my arm. "I was only helping thin out the extreme overpopulation for you."

I use my free arm to grab his arm that's holding mine, and I attempt a maneuver to flip him over. However, I fail terribly, resulting in both of us knocking each other to the floor.

"What the hell was that?" Loki scoffs, bringing his arm into his chest.

I prop myself up on an elbow. "Natasha really did a terrible job at teaching me that." Without warning, I fly on top of him and pin him down. "And you're doing a terrible job at beating me. I've beat you twice now."

He remains silent and stares at me, his face taking on the same look that it had when we almost kissed yesterday. Shit... he doesn't seriously want to kiss me now, does he? Even worse, why the hell does the thought of him kissing me not absolutely repulse me?

Loki smirks as he wraps his legs around me and flips us over, having caught me while I was hesitating. He slowly leans down, his smug face hovering over me. "Loser," he whispers, quoting what I said to him yesterday.

I roll my eyes, my impulsiveness kicking in. I'm not about to let this be a repeat of yesterday except with the roles reversed. I break one arm free of Loki's grasp and bring it behind his head, pulling him down to me. He seems slightly shocked as our lips connect, but he quickly recovers and leans into the kiss. He uses his arms he was holding me down with to pull me closer to him, his eagerness transparent.

Seeing that Loki doesn't want to stop anytime soon, I decide to be the one to break off our kiss. I release his head and lean back, catching my breath since I didn't have any time to recover between our fight and our kiss.

Loki chuckles as he shakes his head. "My, that was quite a turn of events."

"You didn't object to it," I retort.

"Let me rephrase that; an extremely fortunate turn of events."

I scoff as he rolls off of me and sits up. "What brought that on?"

I pull myself into a sitting position. "I felt like it," I shrug nonchalantly. "And I can tell that you did too."

"Why today and not yesterday?"

"Are you kidding? Yesterday I had beat you and was in no need of a distraction. Besides, I wasn't about to let us follow the same series of events as yesterday."