Part 33 - Blast

I turn to Loki to see an amused glint appear in his eyes, the one that always makes an appearance when he knows he's about to kick somebody's ass.  "What do you say?  Think the three of us can take them?"

I chuckle, turning out towards the Hydra agents who are marching towards us.  "Oh, do I ever."

At the same time, both Loki and I cross our arms.  When Loki uncrosses his, his knives fly into his hands, appearing by his sides menacingly.  I uncross my arms as I conjure two Mandalas, holding them out to my sides.

Loki and I turn to Thor, waiting for him to make his dramatic move.  He stands frozen for a few seconds, staring at us blankly.  After a moment, he quickly shakes his head.  "Are you guys waiting for me to make some superhero move like the two of you?"

I scoff as I break position, dropping my arms to my side dramatically.  "The one time that Loki and I were able to get on the same page, and you just had to ruin it."

"Well, I don't have a set of two fancy weapons to yield!  I have one singular hammer!  I can't go about crossing and uncrossing my arms with my knives and fancy shield-thingies."

Loki rolls his eyes.  "Brother, for someone who's such a warrior, you have terrible battle etiquette."

"Oh, whatever," Thor mutters, turning back to the men before us.  "Let's just kick some ass and work on the fancy poses later."

I duck as a Hydra agent reaches me and swings for me with his knife, but I quickly swing my Mandala into his torso, forcing him to double over.  I swing upwards with my opposite Mandala, striking him right across the face, before bringing both my arms back and delivering a final blow, throwing him back into the man behind him as I return to my upright position.

I throw my Mandalas like frisbees, launching them at the nearest men as I conjure an Eldritch whip.  I quickly swing it out at the men approaching me, ignoring the bits of green sparking from the whip.  I fling the whip out across the street, sending the men tangled in it flying.

I turn to Loki as a man thrusts his hand forward, aiming to stab Loki.  I quickly conjure a small portal for his arm, causing his whole knife to go through the portal and appear through the other end (which I conveniently open up behind his back).  He gasps, realizing he stabbed himself in the back.

This all happens within the span of a second, and Loki just glances behind himself at the man, quickly realizing what happened.  He nods towards me.  "Thanks for covering my back."

I scoff as a smirk appear on his features.  "That was a horrible joke," I tease, sending him a knowing smile.

He returns the smile as he turns back to the man running at him, and I turn to whoever is in front of me.  Luckily, it is a group of three running at me, still 5 feet away.  Deciding to be lazy, I settle on summoning a portal in front of them 100 feet above the water in New York Harbor, knowing there's no coming back from that.  Their eyes go wide as I send the portal through them, and they're gone within seconds.

I glance to the left to see a large group of Loki's soldiers coming out of Stark Tower, ready to join the fight.  Finally - we can start making some progress.

......

Luckily, within what feels like not very long, it seems that both sides' numbers seem to be dwindling.  As expected, Thor, Loki, and I are perfectly fine, with Loki's army being the ones taking the hits on our side.

I finish slamming a Mandala into the face of a Hydra agent, knocking him unconscious upon impact.  Thor nudges me with his elbow, and I turn to him.  "Say, have you ever done that to Loki before?" he questions.  "It looks like it'd be pretty fun, and let's be honest, the guy deserves it."